5000 english pounds - Need a Doctor

hi im currently seaching and cant find some good surgeons for around this price, i have to have fue no doubt had 2 consults over here in uk to lower and thicken hairline both docs said around 1000 grafts but i would idealy want more, i have say around 5k, english pound to play with could u guys please advise and good docs for the job as im lost now and lookin to get the ball rolling thnks guys

Darren Smith,

Thank you for posting this question. I know it may not be what you want to hear, but try to not let cost influence your decision too much. I realize it's important, but paying a fee for one, excellent hair transplant procedure will be more cost effective than paying for multiple procedures to fix the original cheaper, sub-par work. Having said that, prices vary, and many world-class hair restoration physicians offer their services at lower prices. High cost doesn't necessarily equal high quality either!

Here is a list of the recommended hair transplant surgeons in Europe and (specifically) the recommended doctors in the United Kingdom. I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any additional questions. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Darren -

If you are lowering and thickening the Hair Line - think about what happens in 5 years time - when the hair behind your new hair line recedes further.

You will you be posting another "5 grand- need a Doctor" mail?

My advice is think "long term" and conservative.

Where do you want your new hair line ? Have a look about at people on the street - 50/60/70/80 year olds. Try to imagine that hair line on them - it would look daft on an older person.

This will stay with you for the rest of your life.

(sorry - I may be speaking out of turn - not having seen pictures of your hair).

Dont let money or location restrict you. I very glad I didnt. Flying to US is just as easy as flying to Europe.

For me, I scrabbled together 7k, and that was enough to get me the best.

Save up a bit more, and don't make a quick decision!

Good luck