any experiences with avodart?

Hi All,

Ive used propecia on & off for a few years and probably have had some slowing of hair loss but nothing too significant. Ive had no advers effects or complications from the propecia & have been considering giving avodart a try or even alternating between the two. Has anyone had any experiences they can share with avodart?

cheers

Originally posted by rpachigo:

I took Avodart but it gave me really bad nausea and stomach cramps. I switched to generic Avodart (Dutasteride) that I buy online (Dr. Reddy's formulation I believe) and I get no side effects with that.

That doesn't make sense. Generic dutasteride and brand name dutasteride are identical.

take care...

Originally posted by mmhce:
Originally posted by rpachigo:

I took Avodart but it gave me really bad nausea and stomach cramps. I switched to generic Avodart (Dutasteride) that I buy online (Dr. Reddy's formulation I believe) and I get no side effects with that.

That doesn't make sense. Generic dutasteride and brand name dutasteride are identical.

Unless what he purchased online isn't actually dutasteride...

My only guess is the other inert compounds in Avodart is what was making me nauseous. Also I was wondering if what I'm buying is actually the same Avodart only in generic form - I haven't taken it to a pharmacy yet to get it analyzed. The only I way I can determine this is that I have no hair shedding like I used to and the hair is a bit thicker - nothing definitive however.

Be careful of that stuff. It appears to be a lot more powerful than finisteride.

I read about it for a long time before finally trying it out a few years ago. I knew an initial hair shed was likely, but I wasn't prepared for just how severe it would be. A few weeks after starting it, I experienced a massive shed. Top, sides, hairline etc. all started falling out like crazy. My beard thinned significantly(I have very thick beard hair) and even my body hair started to disappear. My skin dried up and my pores stared to close. That part was a plus because I have somewhat oily skin.

I had read that a majority of people using it go through one or more shedding phases before showing results. However, I had also read that some people continued to shed for months with no results. It was just too strong (for me at least) and was starting to scare the poop outta' me so I stopped.

BTW, I was one of the few that had *extremely* good results with finisteride. I regained most of my crown hair back. However it lost its effectiveness after about 3 years so I stopped using it.