body hair to scalp?!

chest/body/legs/ to head!!!!!!!!!

does it work?

do the hairs grow like scalp hair?

do they grow for as long ie not fall out after an inches worth of growth etc?

i only ask i am woried about my donor volume/density? i have searched and searched but no definate answer has been found please help

j

Any type of hair CAN be placed on the scalp, in that sense, it CAN work but that doesn't necessarily mean it should be placed there.

Hair on the scalp is different from other hair around your body. In my own case, body hair is weaker, easy to pull out, wavy and the foundation is extremely weak. Most surgeons don't use body hair unless it is a last resort. However, there are some surgeons that use it frequently, one name I have come across is Dr. Umar and his patient results are quite nice.

J1j9j85,

Aw33 did a great job summing up some of the concerns with body hair transplantation. Currently, most doctors only utilize body hair in reconstructive cases where hair from the safe harvest zone is severely depleted. However, as Aw33 pointed out, some physicians, such as Dr Umar, have used it quite extensively, and boast some impressive results. Here is a case from a member called "keepitshorter" who received 3,000 body hair grafts from his beard at Dr Umar's practice. In my opinion, you will receive a more consistent, natural result using follicular units from the universal safe zone, and I think consulting with a recommended physician will help demonstrate how many grafts can be extracted from your current donor area.

Good luck, and please feel free to ask any further questions. Research is the key, so keep going!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.