Is this Normal???Please Help!!!

I am 20 days post op and all ,y scabs have gone, some of the transplanted hair started to shed, not so many but some. from the past 3 days I have noticed some of my native hair is shedding really bad. I am really scaredd and concerned at this point that if it continues to shed this way, I will loose most of my native hair. Is this normal after the surgery for some time or do I need to worry about this? till yesterday I was using Baby shampoo but today I started using "Aubrey moisturising shampoo" (this is an herbal shampoo with all natural oils and aloe. Is it ok to use this kind of shampoo's? Today I noticed 2 set of hair(it has 3 hairs together) fall off!!!

I am really scared, please suggest?

Was the native hair miniaturized? If not, they have most likely just entered dormancy because of stress from the surgery and will regrow in 3-4 months time.

I'm no expert, but I think any shampoo will be just fine 20 days post op.

they are not miniaturized, they are long. I was hoping to have the transplanted hair shed but not the native hair. It's weird, is this only happening to me or did some one face the same poblem?

It would be tough for you to tell if the native hair is miniaturized (it would be indicated by the diameter of the hair shaft). It sounds like you are having a bit of shockloss which is normal. Your scalp has just undergone invasive surgery which can traumatize some of your native hairs. In some cases this can be permanent, but that is usually due to surgeon error if the hair was transected. Who was your surgeon?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I had my HT with Dr.Madhu from India. If this is a shockloss, how long would I be losing the hair.

hero85,

you said you lost your hair in the first month, so did it stabilize after how many days?

Reds, gud u had a surgery wid Madhu, got the surgery done by madhu too. Whats ur age, which areas u got surgery done, is there a native hair around it, if so it is temporary shockloss. u get back ur hair with in few months, dnt worry, I m in to 1 month after surgery by today, i seen shockloss on my frontal hair where hair is transplanted, hopefully it grows back, y dnt u check this out wid madhu, he will clarify u much better.

Best wishes.

I think I experienced a similar thing. From 2 weeks post op until about 5 weeks post op I seemed to be shedding like crazy from all over my head (in areas that were no where near the donor or recipient). After 5 weeks post op it calmed down and I'm not aware of it causing any long term problems (everything seems to have grown back).

ScottishGuy,

You are right I am also losing the hair from the places where nothing was disturbed due to the HT. It's good that it slowed down after a month for you.

I have looked at your pictures and at 21 days you have shed a good amount of transplanted hair from the receipent area. I don't have any redness in that area but I still have most of the grafts intact(may be I should be happy for not shedding, so that the new hair continues to grow).

My scar is still red and pinkish, I am still using the ointment given by Dr.Madhu, he asked me to apply this until the tube runs out. Do I need to use any other things like "Jason Aloe vera Moisturizer" on the scar?

Guest go2roomshare

Hi Reds

Do you mind sharing your experiance with Dr madhu, i am also planning to under surgery. do you mind sharing the cost/price they charged , is this FUE procedure or Strip?