advanced hair studios

chrisx

hello maeve duhy, my name is christopher hunter, around 5 years ago i went to ahs in leeds for a conultation, i was shown a video and was told i could have a full head of hair without surgery, i thought "great". i told the manager at the time that i would be leaving the uk for the usa to live and would that be a problem, he said no we have studios all over the world and we have studios in the usa. i said ok ..he then said the cost would be ?4,600, it puzzles me so maybe you can answer me this question....i looked on blagger and saw that everyone who went and had the strand by strand were charged ?3,000 could you please give me a explanation for the massive difference in cost, why was i charged ?1,600 more than anyone else,...after about 3 months the manager said to me....chris you need to be looking at buying more units, he said we are offering you a deal because its the end of the month and we can offer you 4 or 5 units for just over ?2,000, after some thinking i said ok, i would also like to say when you do your consultations ...why dont you mention the ?50-?60 a month refusion charge,...anyway eventualy the manager then left and was replaced by the present manager, i had maybe about 3 or 4 of the units cut in that i had purchased earlier, eventually the manager came to me and said,...chris you need to be looking at buying new units, i said i couldn't afford any at that time, plus i would be getting my visa for the usa soon so it might not be here in time, the manager hounded me ever month and didn't understand the word NO, he started saying things like...chris that you have on your head is a mess ,..its tatty and when you leave the studio your bringing the ahs name down ...we need everyone who leaves here to look good and with the unit your wearing its making ahs look bad, eventually after been hounded on my phone and hounded infront of staff at ahs i said ok, he said we do a secondry unit ..its a pre made unit and is cheaper, i said well i might have my visa soon ..what if its not here..he said dont worry ..we can send your box to the usa for you ...NOT a problem, he then said the price will be around ?800, i said ok,...then reading on blagger ..i see that you quote that secondry units are around ?600-?700,...why was i charged ?800, when you say different?,...anyway i ordered the unit, month after month went by...NO unit, then one visit the stylist brought out a unit i bought earlier, there was nothing wrong with the unit she brought out ..it looked as if it had only been worn once, my question is here....why was i hounded about buying a new unit when i had a good one in my box..why did i have to wear a tatty unit ..a unit that looked awful and showed ahs up, please anawer this question aswell, eventually my new unit arrived and i was booked in for it fitting. i arrived and was told ...sorry chris we can't fit it today , we are short staffed, this happened for about 2-3 months,...short staffed so i had to have refusions, then my visa arrived and i had to leave for the usa , i had 2-3 days to get to the states.i arrived in the usa and emailed leeds studio to send my box and cover the cost of my fitting having paid for it already and turned up for the fitting but because you were short staffed i couldn't get it done ...i still have the receipts , i was then told by email from you via leeds that you cant send it and if you do ...i have to pay and also pay for the unit to be fitted even though i had paid already for it fitting but because of your lack of staff it never got done, i then emailed leeds and said..ok send it to ahs in texas , ill travel to texas and have it fitted there, the manager emailed me back and said ,...chris we dont have any studios in the usa, the last studio there was 10 years ago, so please answer me this....why was i told initially that ahs had studios in the usa when i went for the consultation, why do you advertise still you have studios here on your main page, theres a pull down with the stars and stripes flag and a contact number, so please tell me why i was lied to when i first signed up,.since ive been in the united states ive got married, it ruined my wedding, i have a graduation coming up soon, i will be going for job interviews soon, its affecting my health, because of sleepless nights, maeve duhy please be honest with me and answer my questions, when i lived in the uk i didn't have a high paid job , i used all my savings trusted in everything your managers told me, ahs shaved my head ...charged me an absalute fortune, your a client relations officer, i havn't been on any blog sites and tarnished your name ...sp please answer me honestly and treat me as ive treated you regards mr christopher hunter

yeah i have, i was just wanting to make sure that any ahs employees saw this and give me a straight answer, they just ignore me now, they owe me ?800 plus i want answers to all my qustions, since ive been in the usa ive seen adverts from studios offering the same as ahs, the most expensive one ive seen was $500, i cant understand where ahs get their prices, thats the hair cut in too, they know they are in the wrong but all they see in front of their eyes is dollar signs, they said they were going to fedex the hair piece i bought back in august 2009 but they just cant be bothered sending it, ahs are a bunch of crooks and ill do whatever to get answers and what ive paid for

i sent an email yesterday to ahs asking where the system was that i ordered months ago, maeve duhy sent me a email she sent to the manager at leeds,.....

Hi Sam

can we check that this item was sent by Courier - was meant to have Left the Leeds studio in and around 21st April, it was to be sent to the address below.

You can check with Darryl & Celina as they arranged with Gem Courier I believe

thanks

Maeve Duhy

Hr & Client Relations Manager

Advanced Hair Studio

186 LANSDOWNE ROAD

CANTON

CARDIFF

CF5 1JT

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris

Advanced Hair Studio Leeds as promised sent you new hair by Courier free of charge to the USA - you were contacted by the Customs I believe in the USA - as you needed to arrange collection of the item - The Customs tried to contact you several times I believe - all your details were given to Customs in the USA - I hope that the item has now reached you sucessfully along with the full list of Hair Club For Men contact details that I also sent you, in the hope that you could arrange your new hair to be fitted. Chris you have my direct e-mail address to contact me, should you need any further help..best wishes Maeve Duhy - Customer relations manager - Advanced Hair Studio

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

yes i did recieve the hair, i dont know what u mean by hair club cos i never recieved anything about hair club, as i have already said before i already paid for the fitting when bought the the unit but because you were short staffed when i turned up at leeds studio, it was cancelled , not just once but on numerous occasions, i have the reciepts, i also asked questions like why did i have to pay ?4,600 when everyone else paid ?3,000, since i have become more aware of other company's that provide the same product as you i noticed that their prices are a fraction of the price, even some places here charge as low as $160 and tell you everything about the products they supply, they dont hide anything like you guys, your units dont last any longer than theres and you can buy maintainance products at a fraction too, they treat you like a valued customer ...not like how i was treated at your studio in leeds when you needed to balancethe books for a month, people work hard for their money anddeserve some kind of respect when they have paid thousands to keep you guys in jobs, thats not to mention the monthly charge of ?59 to have it glued back on and half an hircut, by the way i still see on your website that you have contact information for texas, your present manager told me it was closed years ago after i was told by the previous manager you had salons in the usa to get me to sign up with you, if you werte treated the same way as me i think you would feel a bit peed off,

• 3 weeks later...

too right, i wouldn't mind if their product was something different....better, but they offer nothing better than any other hair replacement system and charge stupid prices, ive found a place here that does it over ?4,000 cheaper, its wrong what they are doing, i was nieve when i went to them ...but i gues thats what they pray on.

• 1 year later...