Is this alarming or is it normal?

Red888

Hi all,

I woke up this morning and was really nervous what i saw. I looked at my pillow and noticed there were about 30 strands of hair shed. I just couldn't believe there were just hair all over. Is this experience something to be concerned about? I do notice there are days that I'd get a lot on my pillow (like 15-20). This 30 amount seems kind of outrageous.

I hear it's ok to lose a 100 strands or so per day but this seems to be a bad start already. Then again, I"m not too sure what's considered a good/bad rate.

I'd appreciate your feedback.

personally, I've never looked at my pillow in the morning, but if there was 10+ hairs on my pillow per day I think I would have noticed by now. that said, it's possible that you're just going through a shedding phase. it's impossible for us to say because only you know what's normal for you.

back in my early 20s when I began to lose my hair I did notice more and more hair shedding, especially when I washed my hair in the sink or ran my hand through my hair.

if you're concerned I'd say go on rogaine and/or propecia and see if it makes a difference.