Bloodwork for procedure

I don't know the answer, but I was pretty unhappy about it the first time.

I didn't know it would happen, they just said, we need some blood - then took it.

Then a minute or so later "You don't have HIV" - well great, but what if I did have? To be told it in some far away office in a random place is pretty harrowing :(

Edited by monkey
Missing quite a lot of letters, doh!

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

The reason some clinics ask for them [HIV, Hep C tests] is obvious so I won't go into that but the reason some clinics/hospitals ask for them and others don't I guess comes down to personal choice. I believe this will be the same across the board, some transplant clinics don't require them while others do. I've never had an operation in the hospital but I'm guessing some will more thorough then others, the same would go for other clinics providing all types of cosmetic surgery (I'd imagine).

They do it to protect themselves and to protect you. So that if dont have a blood test and then it turns pout you have got something nasty, if they didnt insist on a test you could blame them, but it works both ways, if it turns out all is good and then afterwards you have got something, you can blame them, although i've never heard of this happening.