Has Anybody Noticed A Decrease In Facial Hair Since Starting Propecia?

I haven't noticed a decrease but i'm worried about it. my beard is still coming in and I would hate for it to stop growing now. my beard is still uneven. i've been reading on other sites and it seems a lot of people have actually grown more facial hair since beginning propecia...which is extremely odd considering DHT is responsible for facial hair growth. I haven't found many cases of people whose facial hair slowed down since beginning propecia. what could be the explanation for this?....has anybody here noticed a decrease in facial hair since starting on Fin?...an increase or no change at all?....would definitely appreciate some answers.

Edited by HairApparent

HairApparent,

I heard that Propecia may cause a possible but minimal decrease in body hair, but not necessarily facial hair. I certainly haven't noticed a difference personally however, if you do start to notice a difference, you could try taking less or even eliminating Propecia from your regimen altogether. However, in the rare event your facial hair looks thinner, you will have to determine whether saving your scalp or beard hair is more important to you.

Best wishes,

Bill

My facial hair has remained the same since starting Propecia, but my chest hair has thinned noticeably where it used to be thick, and has stopped growing completely where it used to be thin.

• Moderators

I was on propecia (proscar) for about 11 years. I stopped using it about a year and a half ago. I never saw a decrease in body or facial hair the entire time I used it, but I have seen an increase in body hair as well as lengthening and thickening of it since I've been off of the stuff.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.