Looking for a good Dr. in Los Angeles

IneedhairTiff,

Welcome to our new and enhanced forum that includes a robust social networking community.

We recommend a number of quality physician in California, several of which have clinics in or near Los Angeles. Click here to view them. To see how we prescreen physicians and our high standards for recommendation, click here.

This forum contains over 7 years of valuable patient feedback, experiences and hair transplant photos. Thus, You are encouraged to research all physicians you are considering on this community. Using the "search" feature can also help you find the results you're looking for quickly.

Best wishes,

Bill

i've been researching transplants for around 3 years and can't believe that umar can't get recommended here. maybe he's a little shady about his methods but the amount of before and after along with great results should at get him some sort of "almost recommended" status, i know I'd take him over any of the docs recommended on that list. Whether he's in the company of feller, H & W, or shapiro, and rahal is debatable...

im scheduled with him on may 27th

Jbbreese,

You can read about the potential recommendation of Dr Umar and some of the concerns contributing to his current recommendation status in the potential recommendation of Dr Sanusi Umar thread.

I'm not sure there have been any significant changes since that time.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

jbbreese,

I can appreciate that you have confidence in Dr. Umar. However, this community felt it was better not to approve him for recommendation at the time due to several unaddressed concerns, referenced in the topic Future_HT_Doc linked to.

Whether you'd take him over other doctors we recommend any day is fine. However, those we recommend we have confidence in and have proven to product consistent excellent results.

Best wishes in your upcoming procedure,

Bill

Jbbreese,

You can read about the potential recommendation of Dr Umar and some of the concerns contributing to his current recommendation status in the potential recommendation of Dr Sanusi Umar thread.

I'm not sure there have been any significant changes since that time.

At risk of speaking for others, I will say that I believe most if not all of us individuals who have had procedures with Umar know that the thread referenced above and the debate contained in it are outdated.

I have personally met with Dr. Umar many times and have had him personally answer every question and/or doubt that was brought up in that thread as I referenced those questions to him again in person.

In fact, the founder of this site who met with and viewed Umars procedure live walked out of his office suggesting that Umar be recommended, which started that entire thread.

Umar doesn't come on this site anymore. I can tell you its is less personal and much more about the fact that he runs a small boutique operation and doesn't feel it necessary or worth his energy to Q&A on forums. I don't blame him if you actually read that thread.

I have never personally recommended Umar to any poster, as I feel everyones situation is different, so I have no agenda. He may or may not be right for the OP.

However, that thread is what it is: outdated. And so too, in my opinion is the fact that he is not recommended in this forum. IMO, that thread is full of not-so-hidden agendas and marks a low point of discussion on this forum (a forum that I DO recommend).

Umar's skill is world class, imo. And he is definitely worth a visit to compare to other doctors, especially if you live in LA.

Edited by windjc

windjc,

I honestly haven't spoken to Dr. Umar for quite some time. Just understand that the reason we chose not to recommend him after some discussion at that time was because Dr. Umar chose not to address some of the remaining concerns posted by genuine members of our community. I still believe he is arguable the most experienced surgeon with BHT. However, we can only comfortably recommend physicians who are willing to be 100% transparent and address all legitimate concerns expressed by patient and physician members of this community.

All the Best,

Bill