Scalp reduction question

altair

Last night I was reading the post from foreigner and looking at his pics. he was a NW 6-7 and had scalp reduction surgery and then HT's a while later. His results look very good. Could someone explain how a scalp reduction is done. I do not fully understand the process. Can you have the reduction done after you have had HT's? has anyone else on this board had a reduction with good success?

Last night I was reading the post from foreigner and looking at his pics. he was a NW 6-7 and had scalp reduction surgery and then HT's a while later. His results look very good. Could someone explain how a scalp reduction is done. I do not fully understand the process. Can you have the reduction done after you have had HT's? has anyone else on this board had a reduction with good success?

Altair,

Foreigners results were impressive. Check out scalp reductions here.

I think that though the process is old, it can still have useful applications if done correctly and carefully.

-Robert

As forum moderator and a Patient Advocate for the Coalition I'm available to answer any questions.

To view animations and videos and learn about leading hair restoration physicians visit http://www.regrowhair.com/our_physicians.asp

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I would like to add my 2 cents here... This is strictly my opinion.

If you are to the point of getting a scalp reduction, then I hope you are at straws end.

This should be the very last thing to consider. It is the most aggressive approach you could take. Make sure you have exhausted all means before considering getting this done.

I personally would never even consider such a drastic approach. To me, it's just not worth the risk of major complications and damage. This is extremely hard to reverse any poor work.

Not worth the risk in my book... But that's me!

good god...whatEVER you do, dont even CONSIDER a scalp reduction...between the massive scarring, and the fact that after two reductions, you probably cant extract any strip to use to cover it, its pretty much a dinosaur procedure....ask any doctor who's had to do repair work on someone who underwent the procedure..its ugly...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???