Round 2 with Dr. Wong

About 14 months after my first "large" session I made the easy decision to have my second restorative surgery with Dr. Jerry Wong. The online consult pics were sent and Dr. Wong made a rough estimate of 3000 grafts. He stated I would probably have below average laxity and density due to prior work. I began doing the scalp exercises, but I was pretty sure my scalp was pretty lax.

A couple days before the surgery I cut my hair with a number 8 clip to see what I looked like. Besides the bad haircut, I was very surprised to see that, although thin, I looked much better than before my first surgery.

When the day finally arrived Dr. Wong was very happy with my laxity and said "we're good to go." I was getting very happy. We took pre-op pics and then shaved my scalp down. He then wanted to get a better look at the donor site and the old scar. This was when I got a little discouraged with my past work. Dr. Wong is a perfectionist and did not like the scar. The pics show why. At my first experience at Bosely, only the left side was cut. This was also the only scar I had really ever noticed over the last year. However, the right side had also developed a large scar, and I'm not sure if that is really what a "trich" closure is supposed to look like.

Anyway, Dr. Wong didn't like it. So the overall graft count took a potentially large hit. The scars on the left and right sides of my head accounted for half the size of the strips removed from those areas. The back of my head probably saved the overall graft count for this procedure. We ended up with a respectable 3393 grafts, and hopefully a non existent scar. These staples............I don't even have to go into them with this experienced crowd. I'll be happily taking them out on Tuesday, 12 days after the procedure.

The procedure went very smoothly. The customer service at H and W is unparalleled. My surgery lasted till around 930 pm, which is still daylight in beautiful Vancouver. The ladies and I were both tired. They kept me full with huge burgers, entertained with movies/conversation, and relaxed with pillows/blankets/ and valium!

With the amount of hair I had coming into the procedure coupled with the strategic placement of 3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, I am hoping for a nice cosmetic improvement.

Well, back to the doldrums and the monthly

updates.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009