Death from cosmetic surgery

How about the 18 year old girl from Florida who died today after the breast implants? I guess we all need to remember there is no risk free surgery.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dewayne:

How about the 18 year old girl from Florida who died today after the breast implants? I guess we all need to remember there is no risk free surgery.

From what I have been able to find out she had a very rare (like 1 in 500,000) reaction to the general. Our anesthesiologists keep drugs on hand for this occurrence, The articles I read said that the drug was not administered until she reached the hospital. The chance of survival drops very fast the longer it takes to receive this drug.

It is a very emotional case as she was trying to correct cosmetic "defects", an inverted nipple and a difference in breast size. She had a very promising future from all accounts and I am sure will be missed. However there are no tests that I know of to check for this reaction.

I am a hair restoration client and have 10 years experience in the hair restoration industry, all my views are my own

• 2 weeks later...