Almost five months after HT w/ Dr. Rose

Had an HT w/Dr. Rose on Jan 5th, 2007. All went well. Question, how much growing will this HT do and how quickly? I can definitely see a change, getting a fuzzy quality and filling in slowly. Too slowly for me. When is the "growing" process complete?

When do these babies kick into high gear?

Thanks,ASDS

Had an HT w/Dr. Rose on Jan 5th, 2007. All went well. Question, how much growing will this HT do and how quickly? I can definitely see a change, getting a fuzzy quality and filling in slowly. Too slowly for me. When is the "growing" process complete?

When do these babies kick into high gear?

Thanks,ASDS

ASDS,

At 5 months it's only starting to grow...... Maybe 40%. it will grow and mature for 12-18 months in total. Keep hanging in it will come.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

ASDS,

The maturation of a hair transplant can never be quick enough from the patient perspective. A bit of impatience is totally understandable.

Typically we see the first signs of growth between the 3rd and 5th month post op. It may be that you are on the slower end, but try not to worry. It is not indicative of quality of the final result. You are seeing a cosmetic change and feeling the grafts come up which is a very good sign. Definitely expect to see further maturation and improvement over the course of the year.

Can you post some photos of your current situation? Or, if you would rather send them privately, try thehairlosscure@yahoo.com.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

asds,

Everyone is correct in what they say. 5 months is still very early in the game and the growth "process" takes time. Don't judge the result until at least 12 months, though I'd say by 9 months, you should have some pretty decent growth.

Do you have any pictures you are willing to share with us?

Bill

Thanks for the wisdom everyone. I know its early in the game and all but waiting is a drag.

June 5th will be end of four months and starting 5th month. I'll get some pics of my noggin to post. I actually posted pics somewhere in this forum prior to the HT. One more question, did you find that Rogaine use actually helps aftre HT (or period) I was given a prescription for propecia but I just cant commit to the regimen of taking medicine. Rogaine I could handle. I found that the foam is light years better than the regular greasy liquid and stops you from being in public looking like a chick that just hatched. I also ditched all coverups, Couvre, Toppik, etc. had enough of them all. They were good for a while but Im done. After hair grew in a bitch had it shaved down with a long 3 clipper. That was too much on the scar whcih was too visible but some Dermatch blended it in nicely. Next cut will be clipper short but longer on the donor line. Thanks again

In my previous post I said "After hair grew in a bitch had it shaved down with a long 3 clipper" Just so you know, I didnt have a "bitch" cut my hair, meant to say a "a bit"

probably should have spellchecked. oops icon_smile.gif