transplanted hairs falling out 5 days post op, is it too early?

I'm sort of worried, is it normal for transplanted hairs to fall out 5 days post op? Is that to early? The doctor advised me that hairs should fall out in 2 weeks. I've only washed my grafts with a low pressure shower head. But I did touch it a few times, to gently cover it with shampoo and Vitamin E oil. I don't remember seeing scabs forming..but I'm not sure, yet I don't remember any bleeding either which is supposed to happen when grafts are pulled out, right? Ah, should I be worried?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

I'm sort of worried, is it normal for transplanted hairs to fall out 5 days post op? Is that to early? The doctor advised me that hairs should fall out in 2 weeks. I've only washed my grafts with a low pressure shower head. But I did touch it a few times, to gently cover it with shampoo and Vitamin E oil. I don't remember seeing scabs forming..but I'm not sure, yet I don't remember any bleeding either which is supposed to happen when grafts are pulled out, right? Ah, should I be worried?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

That is a bit odd, IMO.

I think a call to your Doc or a quick trip to see him/her (if your local) is in order.

I think if you do not see bleeding, harsh irritated inflammation, or are experiencing a lot of pain, you should be fine, but I would ask just to be sure.

Let us know how you are doing and what comes of your situation, OK?

Take it easy Buddy!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

One think I've noticed that can happen is that the grafted hair becomes brittle so it cat literally break off. That's not a problem since the graft itself is still imbedded in the scalp.

But do take it easy with the Shampooing. Do more of a patting motion instead of a rubbing motion.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Showering the grafts may be a bit harsh on them as well. My doc advised me to gently pour water on it out a cup for the first 3-4 days, THEN try a shower.

To be honest, I've done the water out of a cup thing for well over a week before I got the courage to shower directly on it icon_wink.gif

3 weeks since my HT procedure. I didnt shampoo until after the tenth day. I just rinsed my scalp with the saline solution and pat it dry with a soft towel. This is my 2nd HT and I'm sure I washed a bunch of graphs down the drain after my 1st HT post-op experience.

From my recent HT experience the grafts are pretty well glued in after 24 hours. I accidentally snagged one with a finger and it came out, it was like a bee stung me, blood came out right away, I put it back in with tweezers and it's doing just fine 2 weeks later. My guess is that your hairs maybe falling but the roots are in there, to be sure run it by your Doc.

I just hope Pat does not come to visit my cave, I mean my clinic

Hahahaha! Damn HK...that's funny! I can't believe you successfully inserted your own graft that was pulled out. Good job icon_wink.gif. Now hopefully it will grow! Anyway, I think the best of us have lost a graft or two immediately post op. Though every graft counts, 1 out of 4000 or so isn't THAT bad icon_wink.gif.

Anonymous,

I agree with B Spot. It does seem a bit odd for grafts to start falling out 5 days post op, however Gorpy could be right too...maybe the graft just broke but the follicle is still inside. Check with your doctor to be sure. Please keep us posted.

Bill