Going with Rahal

stratman

Well that's it. Just booked a date in April for Ht with the good Dr. Rahal. He is only a few hours away by car, produces some great looking results and the no pressure discussions with Adrian convinced me. Going to concentrate on the frontal third as I am a true NW5a although still have some decent coverage at the back for a few more years anyway. I will be starting a web log soon and thanks to all for their input over the last 2 years.

Cheers

Well that's it. Just booked a date in April for Ht with the good Dr. Rahal. He is only a few hours away by car, produces some great looking results and the no pressure discussions with Adrian convinced me. Going to concentrate on the frontal third as I am a true NW5a although still have some decent coverage at the back for a few more years anyway. I will be starting a web log soon and thanks to all for their input over the last 2 years.

Cheers

Yes, keep us posted. I am lucky enough to be living in Ottawa, home of Rahal..so chances are that I will be going with him should I take the leap. I will be going in for a meeting sometime in the new year I think.

why did you go with april? do they require a few months advance booking or just convenient for you?

thanks!

Rich

Great doc. You should have some great results to match !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

HTinthefuture,

I booked in April as that was the next available session, however , I am on the notice of cancellation list should something come up sooner. I will also be driving out sometime before my procedure to meet with Dr. Rahal in person just to make sure we are both on the same page as far as what can be expected etc.. I think my biggest fear is disappointment and not the procedure itself as Dr. Rahal has mastered it I'm sure.

thanks for the info. good to know. my new years resolution will be to do something about my hairloss and meet with him regarding an HT in the future.

I share the same feelings as you. He seems to be one of the best, but I fear dissappointment as well, not from Rahal, but from HT in general as they stand right now. also thinking of the closure scar in particular and it being visible should I want to shave my head down the road if I dont want to do any other HTs. Will you be going with FUE or FUT?

good luck.

Future,

I will be doing a strip procedure as I am in need of many , many grafts(4000 to start). Fue would be too costly and the results are not proven yet when it comes to mega sessions. Where ar e you on the Norwood scale? I am a NW5a and counting.

Originally posted by stratman:

Future,

I will be doing a strip procedure as I am in need of many , many grafts(4000 to start). Fue would be too costly and the results are not proven yet when it comes to mega sessions. Where ar e you on the Norwood scale? I am a NW5a and counting.

hey stratman. I am between the 3 and 4 but closer to 4. 5 is around the corner. been thinning since mid 20s and 35 now. so its been slow, but like anohter said, it doesn't get any easier no matter how old you are.

Bill,

Thanks for the support. I look forward to posting all the pictures documenting my transformation as it evolves back to the point when I was 20 years old.....well maybe I'll settle for 30.

Future,

If you take a look at some of the work that Dr. Rahal has done on people with the same degree of hairloss as yourself, I think you will be very excited by the results. Of course I have not seen your picture but based on your NW scale. I think you have alot to be optimistic about.

I think so too. there are a couple of pics on his site that match my loss or worse actually, and the results look great. I am still too shy to post pics, but maybe I will do so in the near future. my loss seems to be slow and gradual, but picking up lately. I also have fair skin and mousey blonde hair, so there is less contrast per say as someone with dark hair and fair skin.

good luck with everything. I cant wait to see your pics. we are lucky to be living near a great surgeon like Rahal. He is only 10 minutes from my work! people fly in from other countries to see him, so you know you are making a good choice. the results speak for themselves.