Is HT hair subject to Shock Loss?

Everyone,

For those of you that have had more than one HT (or simply have knowledge regarding this), is HT hair from prior sessions susceptible to Shock Loss in addition to the already-susceptible MPB hair??

I had some filling in around HT hair during my 2nd HT about 1 month ago and seem to have experienced some Shock Loss to prior HT hair icon_frown.gif. I'm equating this to the Shock Loss experienced by many to hair in the donor area though it is not susceptible to MPB.

Any thoughts on this?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Everyone,

For those of you that have had more than one HT (or simply have knowledge regarding this), is HT hair from prior sessions susceptible to Shock Loss in addition to the already-susceptible MPB hair??

I had some filling in around HT hair during my 2nd HT about 1 month ago and seem to have experienced some Shock Loss to prior HT hair icon_frown.gif. I'm equating this to the Shock Loss experienced by many to hair in the donor area though it is not susceptible to MPB.

Any thoughts on this?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thought I'd bump this back up to the top...........anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I guess I'm wondering why HT hair wouldn't be subject to shock loss when donor hair is because they're the same, right? Any thoughts?

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hairbank,

My guess is, We will get a deep cut for the strip. So, the hair around the strip is affected by shock loss even though it is very strong. In case of making incisions and transplanting hair It is not as hard as cutting the skin. So the transplanted hair is not affected because it is as strong as the donor hair.

I think it is all a fight between their strengths. Hair and the pressure applied by the cut.

This is my guess and I need to be corrected if I am wrong.

Thanks

Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Originally posted by hairbank:

I guess I'm wondering why HT hair wouldn't be subject to shock loss when donor hair is because they're the same, right? Any thoughts?

My doctor explained the situation thus. Hair that has been programmed for loss ie. non transplanted hair is prone to shockloss. the transplanted hair is permanent and will not go. If it does it will grow back but hair that would have been part of your balding process, is different. If it goes it will stay gone.

Sounds like there are varying opinions on this. My original question was whether or not HT hair was subject to shock loss at all?

In my case some transplanted hair from my first HT seems to have been shocked out but, I'm sure it will come back since it's not susceptible to MPB..........just wasn't aware that it could be subject to being shocked out but I guess so.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I am just speculating, but I would think that because the HT causes general trauma to the area that previous HT hairs could be shocked out. This shock is probably the same as some of your non-HT hairs being shocked out. The difference is, they will grow back because they were not "on their way out" before the HT.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery