What conditioner to use??

I am going to start using Nizoral & Nioxin -- switching every other day. Based on what I have read, it's going to make my hair really dry and potentially shed faster. Do you guys recommend any conditioner that prevents the shed due to dryness, but at the same time it's gentle to scalp? My pharmacist recommended Pentine or Dove conditioner..

kg,

In my experience, overuse can dry out the scalp and hair however, any additional hair shedding should only be temporarly and could be a sign of it working (much like Propecia and Rogaine). I'm not convinced however, that ketoconazole (the active ingredient in Nizoral and Revita) is highly effective as a stand-alone hair loss treatment. Combining it with Propecia and Rogaine is probably the most effective way to treat baldness.

Nioxin is a great shampoo and conditioner in my opinion however, I have seen no real evidence that it works to treat baldness.

In order to prevent dryness, limit the frequency of using Nizoral and use a good moisturizing conditioner. The brand isn't nearly as important as moisturizing ingredients.

Best wishes,

Bill