My Pics

Sna

I have just started my research and consultations (10-08) regarding HT. Here are top and back veiws. I am a Norwood 5A and told to optimal coverage by 2 clinics

1) 2400

2) 2500-3000

3) 2500-3000

Please feel free to comment or advice or point me in the right direction. thank you in advance

3921073693_F3FA5CEDB1416555A78779775AD6E4D3.jpg.thumb 2921073693_E00B9E9AA361494B942907FCAAF3A95A.jpg.thumb

All recommendations seem to be for far too few grafts, IMO; I would shoot for 4k+.

What are *your* goals for the surgery? Just the front, coverage everywhere, etc...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I had quite a bit more hair than you and got 2,750 in my front 2/3, but none in my crown. Like Thana said, you'll likely need more than that if you're looking for a 'full' look. If you get the 3,000, I think it will frame your face well and make you look 'not balding' from the front, but won't touch the crown.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I tell all our patients that many things really depend on what they hope to accomplish.

You did not give a lot of back round information. It appears your donor hair is of good quality but it is hard to judge from photo's what the density actually is. Laxity of the scalp is also a part of the puzzle. Are you on medications to inhibit future loss?

A transplant simply moves hair not genetically programmed to be succeptable to the DHT that causes male pattent balding. The numbers recommended would give good coverage to the front but it may create a "fluffy" look if you cover from front to back. The biggest concideration for transplantation into the crown is future loss. The pattern in the back if it continues can create a halo or island iffect. This would be unnatural and may require future treatment.

Frontal restoration using good technique can create a long lasting natural hairline. It is all basically math. The square cm vs the area to be covered and factor in the existing hair.

If the frontal hairline and top are the target the number of grafts would be a huge improvement using good technique. Covering front to back it will be a little diffuse.

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians