Growth after 6 months?

Gary,

There is usually some new growth after 6 months...for some, there is a lot of new growth...it varies from person to person. But the thickening of the hairs will make a HUGE difference, especially since some of the hairs that have come through may not even be visible to the naked eye by that point.

Bill

Gary

At the end of the day, the difference between 6 months and 12-14 ( the final result) are considerable..

Don't worry you have plenty more to come

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

i'm glad someone else brought this question up.

I too am at the 6 month mark. This whole time I have kept my cool, but I am really starting to worry. I see everyone elses 6 month results with my same graph count and its amazing. So I'm just wondering if I am a late bloomer and maybe i'm just in for a surprise.

Best of luck Gary!

Patience Patience

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

You will probably find that your crown grows quite a bit slower that the top and front of your head. Some people have suggested the crown will fill in about 50% slower than the rest of the head. FWIW-

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

This is a topic near my heart as I'm at nearly 6 months myself. To be honest, before the HT I was plain bald in the front and now I'm happy, so it's almost surprising to hear that so much more is to come.

I was hanging out with some friends I haven't seen in a month or two 2 nights ago; two of them knew I had a HT, and others (friends of friends) did not. We were talking about how much my hair is growing in and after a while, one of the other folks went "what happened to your hair before, did you shave it on a bet?". When I told him I had a HT 6 months before he was genuinely surprised. He couldn't tell.

I've been getting similar reactions from other folks. I never tried to hide the fact that I had a HT and never had a problem talking about it, so when sometimes the topic comes up those who weren't clued in usually go "no kidding? so this stuff actually works!" which is great.

If nobody can tell now, I don't know what's gonna happen in 6 more months!

Thanks for the crown comment SNP. I am three and a half months post now and the front and top is really growing in thick but the crown is still lagging. I was really beginning to worry! It helps knowing that. As Mrjb says, and I am trying to remember....patience! In some ways, the slow growth is a blessing. It has allowed me to hide the fact that I had HT from everyone. I am getting comments like, "you look tan" or "you look young for 40". People just can't place what it is that is different. Seeing these same people time and again, and the gradual growth/thickening really helps.