A big question: Propecia & Testosterone Boosters

Well that sorta rocks the boat! Although, as you do more research, anyone would realize that more testosterone is not always better. It could very well lead to more estrogen (higher bodily levels) through a process called aromatization.

"Estrogen can cause an increase in body fat, a reduction of muscle mass, and even a decrease in strength, not to mention making you want to cry at the end of every episode of Grey's Anatomy. It can even cause one of the most embarrassing conditions known to man: gynecomastia, or male breasts."

You can take anti-estrogen and testosterone support supplements, namely ones that contain resveratrol (found in Wine, grapes).

I don't see how THAT could be a bad thing...

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

You can take anti-estrogen and testosterone support supplements, namely ones that contain resveratrol (found in Wine, grapes).

how do you know it's nto bad? What happened to just eating very good and not taking chances with more of this hormone, or less of that? You're playing with your body and future here! I rather trust mother nature than some company trying to make a fortune selling hormones.

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

how do you know it's nto bad? What happened to just eating very good and not taking chances with more of this hormone, or less of that? You're playing with your body and future here! I rather trust mother nature than some company trying to make a fortune selling hormones.

You might be right about that...however, mother nature also says that 60% of men have gyno...

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

If you wanna do it right, go have all your hormone levels checked....fill out a "symptom" questionnaire, and know what symptoms mean what....then, after seeing the test results and combining them w/the symptoms, have levels that are out of balance, or otherwise low and causing adverse conditions, bioidentically replaced....

I recently did a saliva panel and found that I was low in progesterone of all things....thought that was a womans hormone, but I was incorrect....heres the good news, read this.....

http://www.dcnutrition.com/news/Detail.CFM?RecordNumber=589

now , what if I would have just blindly said, ok, it must be a dht problem, and blocked it w/finasteride....?

Thats why I have always said that EVERYONE should be tested before you take fin, and monitored throughout....

and that fin isnt the answer in every situation...if it was, why are we all still here, getting hairtransplants and searching for the best maintenence program?