Youngest HT Success Story ???

vocor1

I'm trying to find out who had a successful HT at the youngest age.

It is well known that there are men in their early 20s who would like an HT and some less than reputable places that wouldn't mind taking their money. So I think it might be good to post some success stories so those people can have a feel for what is possible if they remain prudent and get on hairloss drugs, etc. This could also expose the positives of a surgeon who "plans for the future" by adding FUs behind the hairline for possible future hairloss.

I know some people will say that no one in their 20s should have an HT. Noted. This thread isn't meant to hash it out with them. I respectfully disagree with their opinion on this one.

Of course, the best example is say someone who had an HT at 27 and is now like 32 and they are still completely pleased with their decision. Obviously, the more time since the HT, the better. They have had plenty of time to see the results of their HT, and had time to deal with it past the initial, highly emotional stages of the HT process.

For me, it is too early to comment on my result and ultimately, the happiness with my decision. Look for that from me in the future.

vocor1

I'm trying to find out who had a successful HT at the youngest age.

It is well known that there are men in their early 20s who would like an HT and some less than reputable places that wouldn't mind taking their money. So I think it might be good to post some success stories so those people can have a feel for what is possible if they remain prudent and get on hairloss drugs, etc. This could also expose the positives of a surgeon who "plans for the future" by adding FUs behind the hairline for possible future hairloss.

I know some people will say that no one in their 20s should have an HT. Noted. This thread isn't meant to hash it out with them. I respectfully disagree with their opinion on this one.

Of course, the best example is say someone who had an HT at 27 and is now like 32 and they are still completely pleased with their decision. Obviously, the more time since the HT, the better. They have had plenty of time to see the results of their HT, and had time to deal with it past the initial, highly emotional stages of the HT process.

For me, it is too early to comment on my result and ultimately, the happiness with my decision. Look for that from me in the future.

vocor1

I had 430 minis/micros done when I was 25-26. They went about 40% back on my head. Aesthetically speaking, the end result was not great as time went on (big surprise, huh?). I'm 32 now. The best thing I can say about my minis/micros was that the doctor placed them pretty far back on my hairline, I think 8.5cm above my brow. While I was very young and naive at the time and didn't ask nearly as many questions as I should have, I was mature enough to know I didn't want a low hairline. THANK GOD!So since the doc didn't place the grafts too low, this past August I was able to get 1400 FU's put in front of the old grafts. When I get 8-9 months post op I'll post my pics. I still have pretty good coverage in the crown and I am currently using Proscar, 5% minox and spiro to try to keep what I have. I have straight hair. While my old hairline looked very obvious when it was exposed (combing it straight back wasn't an option), I was able to comb it to the side so that most of the hairline was covered by hair falling in front of it. Even though I was always self conscious about my hairline, some people that I told were stunned that I had previous work done (including my boss of 9 years). I guess I got pretty good at combing it the "right way." The old grafts all grew in well, no problems with growing in the wrong direction, not too much cobblestoning. So it could have been a lot worse. When the new FU's come in, it should end up looking pretty good. I just hope I can keep what I have left so I don't need any more surgeries.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

25yroldcincistudent:

I would say you are very much improved.

You and I have the same hairloss pattern. It's really uncanny. Pre-op thinning top but thick sides with temporal recession. Gotta love those deep triangular recessions in your early 20s. The new hair looks much more natural and normal and your wavy hair looks good on top.

My hair is finer and lighter than yours and I had 2200 FUs throughout the top and to fill in the temples some. I look forward to growing bangs that don't look like shxt because of my hairloss.

Anyway, you look much improved and I wish you all the best with the results of your second procedure.

vocor1

25yroldcincistudent:

Picts aren't posted yet. I hope to get that up in the next couple of weeks. I'll host it on Yahoo Geocities.

I posted a couple of picts showing my crown improvement from finasteride and longer hair. That is under "Hairloss Drugs" on this forum. No HT picts yet.

vocor1