A BIT OF BAD LUCK

I have been on here for a while posting and reading. I have a procedure scheduled with Dr. Rahal in july but i was diagnosed with having "Deep Vein Thrombosis" or DVT. basically blood clots in my thighs. Ver scary as I was told it can be seroius. I was admitted to the hospital Wednesday and got out Sat. They started me me on blood thinners(can you guess where this is going?)I will be on these for the next 7 months for the pills and I get injections for now also. I have a feeling I will not be able to get my procedure done at least for now because I bleed like crazy. I have already put the deposit down and gotten all of the bloodwork done. I was very excited until I came across this setback. In a way I guess it is better than the alternative because of how worried my doctor is. Do you think I will lose my deposit now? Do you think that Dr. Rahal will understand? I still want this done but I highly doubt they will perform it knowing my dr has me on blood thinners.

This is hard for me to be stuck in bed as I am very into the gym and playing sports. Please any thoughts and advice I welcome. All in all

this is a hard pill for me to swallow.

I will have to talk to Adrian Tomorrow and se what they say I guess.

Thanks in advance for you comments and advice

I have been on here for a while posting and reading. I have a procedure scheduled with Dr. Rahal in july but i was diagnosed with having "Deep Vein Thrombosis" or DVT. basically blood clots in my thighs. Ver scary as I was told it can be seroius. I was admitted to the hospital Wednesday and got out Sat. They started me me on blood thinners(can you guess where this is going?)I will be on these for the next 7 months for the pills and I get injections for now also. I have a feeling I will not be able to get my procedure done at least for now because I bleed like crazy. I have already put the deposit down and gotten all of the bloodwork done. I was very excited until I came across this setback. In a way I guess it is better than the alternative because of how worried my doctor is. Do you think I will lose my deposit now? Do you think that Dr. Rahal will understand? I still want this done but I highly doubt they will perform it knowing my dr has me on blood thinners.

This is hard for me to be stuck in bed as I am very into the gym and playing sports. Please any thoughts and advice I welcome. All in all

this is a hard pill for me to swallow.

I will have to talk to Adrian Tomorrow and se what they say I guess.

Thanks in advance for you comments and advice

justgrow,

I feel quite confident that you will get your deposit back if Dr. Rahal can't perform the surgery due to your recent condition. Dr. Rahal is a stand up guy.

Getting this clotting situation resolved is the most important priority and Dr. Rahal will understand that.

Feel free to send me a private message if I can be of any assistance.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for your input. I will let you know what they say. My primary care doctor and the vein doctor know I want to have this procedure. they are advising against it for now only because of my current medical condition. I will PM you tomorrow. This is probably a better topic for

private message.

Thanks again,

Just Grow,

You are doing the right thing and Bill is right that Dr. Rahal is an upstanding man.

Not only is bleeding while on the blood thinners a deal breaker for current surgery, in addition, you are going to be sitting in one position for a while for your procedure, giving you the potential for extending your DVT or developing one in the opposite side. Although uncommon (in men, in procedures done under local anesthesia, and in hair procedures in particular,) DVT's can occur. There was a recent article in The Forum of the ISHRS that addressed this. Get through your anticoagulation treatment, get checked to make sure you don't have some type of coagulopathy that caused this and get back with Dr. R.

Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians