UKrepair procedure with Dr. Feller

UKrepair

Hello,

After many months reading through this forum i wanted to finally post and say thank you to everyone involved. It has been such a very useful tool to making a decision which has to been a long time coming. After already receiving 5 hair transplants here in the UK I can only confirm to anyone reading that the UK is not the place to get a transplant in my experienced opinion. I only wish i had found the forums sooner. I was very shortsighted and the 5 surgeries dissapointlying left me requiring a salvage situation as the results were very poor but because of them i had been told i had no further donor hair available. I can not explain the anxiety this has caused me and the drain on my life due to these transplants. I consulted with a couple other UK clinics at a last ditch attempt at sorting me out but all the clinics i consulted with all told me nothing further could be done and that i had no chance at a repair surgery due to very depleted donor area. This as i am sure you can appreciate was a bitter blow. transplants have ruined my life and made me a hermit.It was only till i found this forum and Hairlosshelp that realised the possibly something could still be done by a surgeon with more experience especially with repairs and i came across Bastard and s.a.f and badhairuk all Dr Feller patients who too had been told by several clinics here in the UK that nothing more could be done for them. Their results from Dr Feller made me overjoyed, i can't tell you. I saw light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years! I met Spex who kindly got me in touch with Dr Feller very quickly which was a great help and after speaking to Dr Feller i was determined to have an attempt at this with him as he seemed to know exactly what was needed and understood that something needed to be done and could be from the pictures Spex had taken.

I travelled over to Dr Feller in New York and actually never even saw New York as i stayed local to Dr Fellers in Great Neck which is a very nice quiet place. I arrived at Dr Fellers office at 6.30 am. I was eager as i had been told to get there for 7.45am.

Dr Feller and i went through the possibilities as he saw straight away i had some donor to work with which was an unbelievable relief to hear him say but it was how we could use it that was the problem. He wanted to solely focus on the front with the grafts but i was very adamant i wanted it distributing to help the crown also. We reached an agreement after a long time spent and Dr Feller thought he would be able to get about 1500/1800 grafts which to me was just music to my ears especially after i had been told numerous times i had nothing left to work with by UK clinics. He wanted to see how many grafts he could get exactly before making a definite plan as the numbers were vitally important to the success and positioning of the repair.

Dr Feller and his brilliant team ended up getting 2012 graft out of my depleted donor area which when i heard the figure was truly like the day my wife told me she was pregnant . i can not describe the joy i felt. I knew i had come to the right place and even Dr Feller remarked that the was surprised at the surgery and how well it had gone, he also remarked the majority of those were 2's and 3's hairs!! I wanted to kiss the man right there and then!

We did in the end work in the front and back as i wanted although i think the doctor would have ideally just worked in the front but i was adamant as both areas troubled me immensely and i needed help in both areas.

I stayed in the U.S. for the ten days until my staples came out. No problems at all.

I have spent many hours here reading and researching and without this forum i really don't know what i would have done, so thank you. I hope to keep posting here and keep you all informed as my surgery progresses but I think I just wanted a bit of moral support now its done so any help and guidance would be much appreciated now.

Thank you all who post here as you have really helped me. Anyone in the UK who wants any help feel free to email me or message me as I have done a lot of research and met a lot of people over the last year so if I can help let me know. ukreapir1@yahoo.co.uk

9921095393_AFD0E2A464150160C82D9E6381604040.jpg.thumb 9231095393_C07F5B6C1AF22C7CD02D0031BDD5C3F7.jpg.thumb 7231095393_04C61DAD97CFA15BDFA0D122C27B0F27.jpg.thumb 6031095393_AFF52E354AD7370F3FEBD38111BF7146.jpg.thumb 4031095393_D2747408F8A0DC9FC41AC54201D9E9BB.jpg.thumb 3921095393_19F991598897D2CA9DFC63775475EA70.jpg.thumb 2821095393_9568D3B5795FFB70AAED28FE11A96469.jpg.thumb 2031095393_33EA607F16D2D0EF5711B589692DE84B.jpg.thumb

Farjo seems to do solid work but I see why you got the hell out of the UK.

Obviously Dr Feller explained to you about what the density is going to be spreading 2000 grafts out on a large area but it will still be a nice improvement compared to what you had .

I bet there will be alot of guys curious about the end result so please stay aboard.

Thx for sharin'. I echo what PGP has said -- I def bet a lot of guys will be interested in seeing your result. Here's to goin' through the ringer and coming out the other side w/ a suiting head of hair!

With a lot of 2's and 3's to boot, 2k strategically placed, even over a balding pattern like yours can really do radical things for your appearance; even if radical density isn't actually transplanted.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

welcome Uk repair

I can only imagine how difficult a decision this must have been for you .

To put your , already damaged faith , back into this industry .

I wish you all the best and hope you stick around with regular updates on you repair progress , Dr Feller is one of the worlds best so try not to worry .

TOP RESEARCH = TOP DOC = TOP RESULTS

good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Sorry to hear about your previous experience here in the UK. Had a bad time of it myself. Who did you go to in the UK, was it the Hospital Group like me?

I am having my repair with Dr Feller in November and cant wait now, Novemebr 7th can not come soon enough.

UKRepair

Congrats. on your procedure ??“ you must be "over the moon", glad you managed to avoid the "kissing" bit!!

Apologies for not posting earlier, I got confused between you and PhilUK ??“ been a hectic week!!

Look forward to seeing you "grow".

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

hey tubs

Your not the only one thats had a busy week

I see Bill has welcomed some new UK guys and not others, not suggesting you are being impartial probably just an oversight

Eh Bill ?

hahahahaha

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I think Bill has a busy job on here and although I have not been welcomed on by him I am sure it's an oversight. The support that I have been given is brilliant though. How has the healing gone UKrepair?

Tubs i read about your incredibily generous offer to Bullnit, any spare for me.LOLOLL!!

Sorry for the delay in responding.

PhilUK, would rather not say who did my previous hair transplants. Feel free to email me if you like. You have chosen well with Dr Feller though as he is probably the best around in my opinion.

Spex, the redness is still causing me some trouble to be honest. Maybe i can call you over the weekend for a chat about what I can do to help it, or any advice here would be great.

Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to offer their support, great place to get good help here.

My personal apology to Tubs and UKrepair for not personally welcoming you.

Though I do try to welcome and get to know as many of the members as possible, my job responsibilities spread far beyond the forum. Often times, I have every intention of coming back to a thread to welcome or congratulate a poster, but sometimes it slips my mind or I miss the post.

UKRepair, I'm pleased that you found a stellar physician to perform your latest hair transplant. I expect that this one will make up for your previous 5.

Tubs, I think we've corresponded on a number of threads however, I probably missed your surgical post? I'm going to have to take a look for it. Or, feel free to send me a private message with the link icon_smile.gif.

Thankfully, this community is much bigger than just one person. Clearly, the support from our patient and physician body is tremendous. Kudos to all of you for supporting one another. As busy as I am working to increase traffic to this community and evaluating surgeons, I will continue to do the best I can to encourage and support all of you as much as I can.

This forum is the heart of this community and is certainly the core of mine. This forum was the beginning of my journey as well.

Onwards and Upwards and to the Best Hair Transplant Surgeons,

Bill

Bill

The above reference was not about me, i have been around for a few months.

I think Ritchie was having a "tongue in cheek" jab at you for for welcoming the 2 of the new UK guys that week but omitting to welcome the 2 new "travelling" UK guys (PhilUK and UKRepair).

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08