at 30 week mark with propecia, nizoral and rogaine foam 5%

What kind of results are you expecting. If you think all of a sudden you are going to wake up and have a full head of hair then I'll tell you not to hold your breath. These are mainly used to maintain what you've already got.

ya you would be lucky to see any re-growth. Like dakota said, those products are just to maintain what you got. Hair transplant is really the only way to go if your looking to add hair to areas that are already bald. i would say you probably dont need all those products. they all do the same thing pretty much, so your kinda wasting your money getting all three. I would say go with the propecia for sure, keep the rogaine if you want, and kick the nizerol. but hey if you can afford it, then do what you feel is necessary.

I actually do all 3 as well. To save money get proscar, minox, and nizoral is only like $14 and it's lasted me 3 months use it every 3 days. I think my total out of pocket is propably $15 a month. I do all 3 cause i feel as though i will take as much help as possible. maybe it doesnt help but it makes me feel better

Chris,

I would hang in there till a full year has passed before making any final judgements. I have seen some remarkable improvements in quite a few of my patients between the 8 month and the 12 month points. This is especially true for the possible benefits of finasteride (Propecia).

Mike Beehner, M.D.

Yup

One year. Keep in mind these medications are better at stopping loss as opposed to regrowing hair..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hello

I am very new to this..

I seem to read very conflicting posts regarding these medications.

I suppose they are worth a go but how long should someone try before they are working or not working.

I am also very very sensitive to medications..

Thank you

Hairnutter,

Welcome again to our community.

I think the reason you are hearing mixed reports is because they don't work for everyone. After all, despite the hype of the media and online marketing, there is still no miracle hair loss cure. Some patients will respond better to these medications than others for unknown reasons. At the same time, Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) typically work better for those with thinning hair than those who are completely bald.

Determining whether or not they are working for you can often be difficult simply because these treatments are typically better at stopping hair loss than stimulating any hair regrowth. I typically recommend to patients using nonsurgical hair loss treatments to give them at least a year and document their progress with monthly or quarterly pictures. Comparing these photos will help give you an idea whether or not your baldness is getting worse, staying the same, or improving. The latter two are most likely signs of successful management.

Best wishes,

Bill