Pimles after shaving?

Hi, I'm new user on this forum..

I have very big problem because my skin is very sensitive. Every time after shaving I my face is red, and few hours later my face is occupying of pimples. I was try many "after shaves", lotions, baby cremes, anything don't help... If someone know some good product for this problem please help! Thanks!

I have very big problem because my skin is very sensitive. Every time after shaving I my face is red, and few hours later my face is occupying of pimples. I was try many "after shaves", lotions, baby cremes, anything don't help... If someone know some good product for this problem please help! Thanks!

Originally posted by konstelin:

Try this site: www.theartofshaving.com

It's expensive, but mighty fine shaving cream. My face is sensitive but this stuff has made it feel a lot better. About $35 per can, but that's lasted me 2 or 3 months so far. Use a brush when applying b/c it saves it as a little can go a long way.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I have very sensitive skin, as well; and for the longest time, I struggled with post-shave irritation. American Crew makes a shaving cream that you apply pre-shave, and it has truly been a panacea. As for after shaves, the best I've found have been Nivea for Men Sensitive Extra Soothing Balm, which I used during adolescence; and, recently, I've been using Aveda's Men After-Shave Balm, which has been a perfect find for me.

I've heard great stuff about Dewayne's ArtOfShaving, too -- and they have some badass items on their website....damn, that engraved chrome gillette fusion razor for $250 looks tasty.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You could always try some Aloe Vera gel ...(personal joke btw Bill and myself, ignore)

ROTFL Spex icon_biggrin.gif

Konstelin,

I am no expert at preventing ingrown hairs when shaving however, you might want to try to a product called Tendskin. Dr. True recommended this to me after my second hair transplant to help with pimples/ingrown hairs on my head. I feel that the product helped somewhat.

Bill

I used to have the same issue, without the redness factor. What worked for me personally was to shave in the shower. When you take a hot shower, all your pores open up and its the best time to shave. Once you are all done, use cold water to close the pores and it can help prevent the pimples. As for products, I just use the Clinique (For Men) shaving gel...the razor just glides on the surface.