the end of the road

I have promised myself that one way or another after 7 years of a losing fight to hair loss that ether i will shave my head this year or get a HT this year.

I have done all the products we could mention rogain foam the last 16 months has devastated my hair i mean devastated my hair, proscar cut into fours, i was trying ever other day not working than just everyday. its been one year later and the loss is the worst ever now temples are complete gone crown even now going.

So If i do shell out what will be about 12,000 for a 2800 HT

Whats the point If no matter what I do i cant keep the other hair I'm losing

Im only 27 now and am ready to call it quits

Why bandage up a wound that cant stop bleeding?

yes many, dr epstein, dr umar, a few more only by emails. No one is able to respond the the question truthfully, except for Dr. Umar who was the only doctor truthful enough to admit I would in my lifetime need more than one HT.

Some flat out lied saying my hair loss had peaked at 27 what pure BS.

i wish their was more regulation some of these peoples have no shame or morals. they should not be allowed to call themselves doctors

Hi Mopar.

I actually think it's a good idea to shave/buzz your hair down before deciding to get an HT. If you look good with it and like it then you may no longer consider an HT an option and not. Looks at someone like Pro Surfer Kelly Slater. Dude pulls all kinds of ladies and probably doesn't worry about hair loss since he's shaved it off. If you really hate it then atleast you gave it a shot then looking into an HT would be an option. Shaving down after a strip HT imo isn't gonna look to pretty.

I think are are actually quite a few HT doctors out there that have very high ethics. There's also alot of them that don't. Hopefully this site will help you weed the bad ones out.

Unfotunately not everyone's hair loss progression is the same so predicting the future isn't always possible. Propecia also does a pretty good job of delaying, slowing and in some cases stopping the hair loss progression. If your losing hair at the temples and thinning throughout the top and crown at 27 there is probably a good chance that you would need another HT in the future. If you post some pictures here I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from Dr's and members. I had an HT on 12/5/07 with about 2800 in the frontal 1/3. The top and crown are definitely thinned some but propecia has definitely help maintain what I have and it's not bad at all at this point. I'm 39 now and hopefully it will continue to maintain. If not i would fully extect to need another HT of about 2800 to complete those areas. Kind of a hope for the best, plan for the worst scenario.

Good luck!

27 Is one of the hardest years.

Between ages 21-26 you are in denial, use styling to hide the reality.

Then somewhere around 27 you admit to yourself that its a losing battle! You recognize that the world is not as kind to you as it was just 5 years ago, and it seems devastating!

The reality is that if you are not destined to become a NW7, HT can provide hope. You may only be able to restore a "30 something" hairline, but in another 3 years you will be 30.

Dont give up. Consult with some of the major docs doing HT megasessions. They can usually move 7K grafts in two sessions which offers a complete restoration for most. It is costly, but may be worth it for you.

BTW, shave your head first and then get the HT.

I think you should forget the past and start from square 1..

#1- shave your head- Certainly no harm and you can see what it looks like if indeed you want to go that route

#2- Get on Propecia consistently- If you dont like cutting pills , etc, just go with the recommended treatement ( I never liked rogaine)

#3- Choose from the top docs mentioned on this site and call them

Dr. True

H & W

Feller

Rassman

( and there are some others too)

this way you know you will get an answer

#4 make an educated decision.. There is hope you just need a solid plan with research

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!