Question about propecia..

Anonymous

Could anyone confirm this? I was considering to start and take propecia but than i've heard that it would cause lower testosterone.. become less manly.. could anyone confirm this...

I mean does propecia cause this, and how does a guy become less manlier exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Could anyone confirm this? I was considering to start and take propecia but than i've heard that it would cause lower testosterone.. become less manly.. could anyone confirm this...

I mean does propecia cause this, and how does a guy become less manlier exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

I've been taking Propecia for about a year and a half and when I started I had this very question as well.

Apparently the percentage of men who suffered "sexual side effects" was in the 1 or 2 percent range. This was only slightly higher than the sexual side effects experienced by those taking a placebo.

In other words, chances of having such side effects are very, very low.

I have had no side effects whatsoever from Propecia, sexual or otherwise.

Kourion

Actually, it's actually Proscar that I take, which is the same drug as Propecia. The only difference is that Proscar is not specifically prescribed for hair loss as Propecia is.

Propecia comes in 1mg tablets, while Proscar comes in 5mg tablets. So, you have to cut the Proscar up into 4 separate parts.

It takes a bit more time, but the money you save is substantial.

My last prescription (dated Oct.27, 2002) come to a total of $110.22CDN (approx. $78.78US) for 60 tablets, which amounts to 240 doses. So, it's really not that expensive.

I don't buy mine anywhere special, just at the local London Drugs.