To Dr Feller/Spex/Jotronic/Falc or any other repected surgeons or members - What percentage of transplant clients have poor growth with top surgeons?

Hi All,

I was just wondering what percentage of virgin scalps recieve poor growth (with top surgeons). I remember Dr Armani stating it was between 1-5% (so is that one in twenty or one in a hundred)

I realise that poor yield is an issue with all surgeons so how common is it?

And how poor is poor (no growth at all or just under-average?) and can it be fixed with a second session?

I am basically concerned that I'll go through the whole process only to find that I get poor growth that can't be fixed.

I look forward to the responses of people like Dr Feller/Spex/Jotronic/Bill etc (or any others who have information on this issue).

many thanks

Asa

Hi All,

I was just wondering what percentage of virgin scalps recieve poor growth (with top surgeons). I remember Dr Armani stating it was between 1-5% (so is that one in twenty or one in a hundred)

I realise that poor yield is an issue with all surgeons so how common is it?

And how poor is poor (no growth at all or just under-average?) and can it be fixed with a second session?

I am basically concerned that I'll go through the whole process only to find that I get poor growth that can't be fixed.

I look forward to the responses of people like Dr Feller/Spex/Jotronic/Bill etc (or any others who have information on this issue).

many thanks

Asa

Hi Spex

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to push you on this but do we have any rough estimates. It's just it would be great if you could provide a rough figure - 5%, 10%. I'm pretty sure Dr Feller made a post previously where he said he had only be contacted in the last year by 2/3 patients about poor growth - can you point me to that post (I think it was on a case whereby there had been poor growth and Dr feller was saying how rare it was - correct me if I'm wrong. As Dr Feller must see hundreds of patients per year, if I am correct and that was his post, then I would be more than happy to go ahead with a HT because that is an absolutely tiny percentage. So would be grateful for the link to that post as I can't find it (incidentally, Dr Feller is my number choice at the moment)

thanks

Asa

Hi Spex

Thanks for the advice - that makes sense and thats why I trust Dr Feller and yourself for your honesty.

I found one therad where dr feller says low yield is less than 2% in his practice (this is very low risk I believe). This would seem in keeping with your estimate of 2/3 low yield results a year (can you tell me spex how many patients dr feller transplants each year)

Also do you remember the Dr Feller thread where he gave more detailed info. I've tried doing a search but I can't find it. Or does anyone else out there have a link to the post by Dr Feller where he talkked about how many patients get a low yield.

Also, would be good to hear from other surgeons/reps/Bill on this issue.

Thanks

Asa

edited as found one link

Hey asasas,

The thread you're looking for is probably by a poster called unfortunateht.

You're asking the same kind of questions I was asking before going ahead with my transplant, and Dr F said 2/3 patients of his a year will get low growth. I believe he does one patient a day for strip, and maybe one small FUE session a day.

I could be wrong on this but I think the main reason for low growth is vascular problems, which is rare. Statistics are on your side.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Hi Petchski

Yes I've read that thread and Dr FelleR states it is less than 2% (and I am a virgin patient which I assume would mean less).

To be honest, Dr Feller is so visible online we would know if this wasn't true. However, I can only remember seeing two relatively unhappy patients of Dr Feller on all the forums so this must be true.

I would still like spex to confirm that it is 2% or less. Hair transplants make everyone nervous (like all surgery), so to have a Dr like Feller state theses figures fills me with optimism.

I'd also like to see that thread where Dr feller discusses in detail how rare a 'low-yield' is (I'm sure he mentions how small the figure is compared to how many patients he sees - and he provides exact figures).

Can anyone provide me with the link?

thanks

ASA

Most clinics wouldn't come within 10 keyboard lengths of a thread like this one. But the concerns are valid and HT results are what they are.

Spex pretty much said it all, but I'll confirm some of his statements. The first and foremost is that HT results do vary, and in the hands of an established clinic the variation is purly due to the physiology of the individual patient. Some patients grow extremely well, others average, and other below average.

I get about 3 patients per year who claim they have had little to no growth from their procedure by 8 months. Most of the time they just forgot how bald they really were, or they simply lost more of their surrounding native hair over the course of 8 months which diminished the benefit of the HT. Nevertheless, whle the patient may not be happy with his particular results, the growth is most certainly there.

If you pretend that there are 3 silently unhappy patients for every patient who reports disappointment, you can calculate that about 9 or 10 patients per year will be disappointed with their results-EVEN IF THE GROWTH WAS GOOD. That still only comes out to only 3% in my practice.

Nevertheless, MOST of these patients are satisfied when a second procedure is performed.

Hair Transplant results DO vary. That's just a fact of ALL surgery, and YOU may very well be the one with poor growth yields, but thankfully, the odds are very low in the hands of an experienced HT doctor and team.

-Dr. Feller

Thanks Dr Feller

I've not made many posts but I've been a member and long-time lurker for years.

Your transparancy and results are why you are my first choice of surgeon at the moment.

I've still got a lot of research to do before I make my final decision but thank you for taking the time to respond

thanks

Asa

Guest wanthairs

asanas-----Im a case in point---

My first transplant yielded very poor growth.

My second transplant with another Doctor (Dr. Hasson) has resulted in excellent growth at 8 months post op.

So there is more to it than patients physiology.....

and in the hands of an established clinic the variation is purly due to the physiology of the individual patient

Dr. Feller are you saying that you've never had a patient with low/poor yield due to a mishap you or one of your employees has made? I know you are good but I dont understand how you can make that claim. Everybody makes mistakes once in a while dont they?

Who was your first op with?

I'll let wanthairs tell you if he wants to, but I will say that it was a coalition doctor which just goes to show that anyone can have poor growth and any doctor can produce a sub par result. But like Dr Feller said It's far more likley to be a good result in the hands of a skilled surgeon.