2 months postop

Mortimer

Today was exactly the 2nd month postop...Here is my case:

-The receipient area still hurts a bit when you touch it with a comb. When will this pain go away? I mean, it isn't like a headache, but you can feel some pain when you touch it.

-The receipient area also itches sometime. Is this normal?

and a question: my hair is very dry, like a desert bush...It is so dry that I can't even shape after a shower...So, I started to use a material, given to me by my hairdresser. It is a fiber gum, named Osis...You just apply small bit and it makes your hair like a more volume. I also use soft gel sometimes. Is it ok to use such things in this period? If not, what do you recommend? I don't like hard gels, but I need something to shape my hair and make it look more lively. Oh, by the way, I use Propecia and Rogain at the same time.

Today was exactly the 2nd month postop...Here is my case:

-The receipient area still hurts a bit when you touch it with a comb. When will this pain go away? I mean, it isn't like a headache, but you can feel some pain when you touch it.

-The receipient area also itches sometime. Is this normal?

and a question: my hair is very dry, like a desert bush...It is so dry that I can't even shape after a shower...So, I started to use a material, given to me by my hairdresser. It is a fiber gum, named Osis...You just apply small bit and it makes your hair like a more volume. I also use soft gel sometimes. Is it ok to use such things in this period? If not, what do you recommend? I don't like hard gels, but I need something to shape my hair and make it look more lively. Oh, by the way, I use Propecia and Rogain at the same time.

It took me until about the 4 month mark before things finally started getting back to normal. It should get a little better each week. As far as the fiber gum, usually at 2 months post op you can pretty much use any products that you could before your HT, but if you're not sure you should consult with your doctor.

Well I have a slightly different experience. My receipient area was only sore for a few days after the HT, then there was no pain at all.

Itching, yes, from time to time I feel like scratching myself from the inside, if you see what I mean, but it doesn't last long.

Re: the texture/dryness of my hair, I've had no change since the HT.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day