My photos

Foreigner

OK!

Here are my photos from before and after my Ht on 4/17/03 with Dr. Epstein in Miami.

Here is the story:

I'm 34 and few months ago I was NW 6 or 7, you be the gudges. The question was is there a hope for me? I didn't want to go with frontal coverage only. Didn't make sense for me.

All or nothing!

BBack.JPG.eb483d2941fcab161d348506eb1d51fb.JPG

OK!

Here are my photos from before and after my Ht on 4/17/03 with Dr. Epstein in Miami.

Here is the story:

I'm 34 and few months ago I was NW 6 or 7, you be the gudges. The question was is there a hope for me? I didn't want to go with frontal coverage only. Didn't make sense for me.

All or nothing!

Looks good - I think you are going to be pleased with the final result. How many grafts? Did you have many put in the scalp reduction scar?

[This message was edited by Whoops on April 23, 2003 at 10:34 AM.]

Yes!

I had about 100-150 put on the back of my head right on the scar. It is not a good coverage but it can be easily hidden. I'm not going to keep my hair short in the future, plus a little Toppik and it will be ok I hope.

Jotronic,

thanks for the words man!

It was you that made me believe that this can be done(Indirectly). I've been reading this forum for a very log time and did a lot of research on everything, including scalp reductions and found the right doctor to do it. The reduction was performed by Dr. Gershenbaum from MHR and it was done great as you can see.

There were other reasons for me to choose Dr. Epstein for the HT.

Don't exclude scalp reductions as options in the fight with the hair loss but they need to be done by the right doctor on the right patient. Very few people can have the results they want.

Question for you:

It's the 6-th day after my HT and I still have the implanted hair on my head. Is that normal? Should I expect it to fall out or it may keep growing? I'll post more pictures as soon as I can...Thanks for the support!

icon_cool.gif

Foreigner,

So there is somebody else out there who had one (or two)! I must say, yours is quite effective.

There is a striking difference between our procedures. Mine went from the front third of my scalp to just above the fringe at the bottom of the crown. So my doctor concentrated on the center of the scalp, which gave me the "tall sides" that I have today. Yours are much more effective in closing the crown.

May I ask, when did you have them done. Mine were in the mid 80s. The scalp (from ear to ear) has remained taught.

Your procedure looks nice and clean. I think you going to be a happy guy in about 5 months or so.

GOOD LUCK.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Uncjim,

first reduction was done end of November'02 and the second one about 2 months later. My huge bold spot on the back of my head is no longer there as you can see from the pictures.

I will not be able to shave my head anymore (will look like smiley face :-)), but I'm not planning on doing it anyway.

Thanks for asking!

icon_cool.gif

Foriegner,

After reading past debates about not getting Scalp reduction surgery, I have to say yours looks very well done, I think Jim is correct in mentioning your scar being further back lessens the potential for any pitfalls & the HT looks like good work too.

Time to hit the beach soon !!!

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Don't exclude scalp reductions as options in the fight with the hair loss but they need to be done by the right doctor on the right patient. Very few people can have the results they want.

I think the key phrase to remember with scalp reductions is "Very few people can have the results they want." Lots of guys have had scalp reductions and have ended up looking worse than when they started, much worse. Scalp reductions are a bigger gamble than hair transplants are, with not very good odds, in my opinion.

I still think scalp reductions should be avoided, but if you are happy, I am glad for you.

• 1 month later...

Here are some pictures with 2 months results.

Some of the transplanted hair is still there but most of it is gone. I see some little hairs comming out now.

I'll post 3 months update as well.

Hair1.jpg.7d2b9b54c051fabde4373de757223dc9.jpg

• 2 months later...

It's been 4 months already and I can't wait for the 6-8 months mark. Uncjim said that there is a big change at that time ... let's see.

Please let me know what you think guys. I'll try to post better quality pictures @ the 6 month point.

4Month01.JPG.7b459acc4130c345d4cc2cab2dd769b5.JPG