Confused about Finasteride and other similar medications

Uk_lad

Hi all, I have carried out alot of research on this topic, however the more I have done, the more confused I am. I think the answer is relatively simple i just can't figure out what it is. The query I have relates to the different medicines for example, i was given a prescription for Finasteride 5mg tablets, one to be taken a day, is this a correct dosage? Another issue is with the other medications such as Avodart, proscar 5mg and propecia 1mg; what is the difference between them for example and the Finasteride 5mg tablet i was taking? are they just different brands or strengths or can they be used in conjunction with eachother. If anyone can answer these questions id be very happy, as i am rather confused atm! thanks! p.s. i also found online a company that sells Avodart online (in the UK) without a prescription, is this ok, as from previous experience i thought you needed a NHS or Private prescription for these hair loss tablets!

Hi all, I have carried out alot of research on this topic, however the more I have done, the more confused I am. I think the answer is relatively simple i just can't figure out what it is. The query I have relates to the different medicines for example, i was given a prescription for Finasteride 5mg tablets, one to be taken a day, is this a correct dosage? Another issue is with the other medications such as Avodart, proscar 5mg and propecia 1mg; what is the difference between them for example and the Finasteride 5mg tablet i was taking? are they just different brands or strengths or can they be used in conjunction with eachother. If anyone can answer these questions id be very happy, as i am rather confused atm! thanks! p.s. i also found online a company that sells Avodart online (in the UK) without a prescription, is this ok, as from previous experience i thought you needed a NHS or Private prescription for these hair loss tablets!

hi, i think what you have to do with the finesteride tablets is......

cut one tablet into 4 and take 1/4 a day so in affect your taking 1.25 mg per day as i have read that 5mg is to high a dose. this will also make ya tablets last longer too. i have the number of a very good doctor who i got from this site who can get proscar 5mg which you cut into 4 again. price is 15 months worth for ??120.

let me know if ya need his number/email address.

mine is 07515537056 if ya need a chat.

cheers

cheers mark! I've just started on the old rogaine foam, i think i will use that for a month then consider the fin. When i was on the fin before 2-3weeks i must admit it made me feel pretty rubbish, so im not sure if i want to go back on it BUT i was taking 5mg a day, which i have now found to be much to high a dosage!