Does a NW4 have more donor supply than a NW6?

Does a NW4 have a bigger donor supply than a NW6 considering donor laxity and everything else are equal? Can you access this additional donor via strip, or would it have to be via FUE?

No a NW4 doesnt have a larger donar supply than a NW6. Actually it depends on the individual, however you are in better shape considering you have less area to cover! There could be a NW6 that has a better supply than a NW1 or 2.

All things being equal, I think the NW 4 and the NW 6 are in the same boat in terms of supply. Even though the NW 4 will have maintained more hair in the pattern baldness area, this hair must still be considered transient. Even if the patient and doctor want to get aggressive with the harvesting - by which I mean harvesting transient hairs - they would probably need to do so via FUE. FUE is sort of a "go anywhere" technique (for better, or worse).

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.