Hair Repair

Repair Guy

Here are two pics of my hair repair. I had about 280 hair transplants done about 12 years ago that looked really bad. I have been getting them repaired. I just had my third procedure done a week ago and am still healing. One left before I clean the entire front. I have a picture of before my first procedure and 4 months after my second procedure.

3461029382_FF90A3CDCE516ABCCDAFA0B4DDA8A819.jpg.thumb 2461029382_0D87BCA637EEF2472802662334A35607.jpg.thumb

Here are two pics of my hair repair. I had about 280 hair transplants done about 12 years ago that looked really bad. I have been getting them repaired. I just had my third procedure done a week ago and am still healing. One left before I clean the entire front. I have a picture of before my first procedure and 4 months after my second procedure.

3461029382_FF90A3CDCE516ABCCDAFA0B4DDA8A819.jpg.thumb 2461029382_0D87BCA637EEF2472802662334A35607.jpg.thumb

Thanks. I think its looking better also. I will post an entire chronological set of pics once I am done. I just got my third procedure done a week ago and still have the stitches in which get removed on wednesday. I will have one procedure left to clean my entire front. I will post more pics after all is done. I may even post additional pics after a month or so from now to show the difference from before procedure one to after procedure 3.

Definitely looks much better. Are you FUEing the plugs out? Any Laser?

Are you going to go for a transplant once the plugs are all cleared out?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I have been working with Dr. Bernstein which I must say is doing a wonderful job in my opinion. He extracts the bad transplants and cuts them into single and double hair units and relocates them much further up on my head. I am definitely going to get a transplant or two once everything is done.

Repair Guy:

Dr. Bernstein did repair work on my crown and at almost 11 months out I can not tell I had any plugs in my crown. I view my scalp with two magnifying mirrors, which illustrates Dr. B's mastery with a scapel. I am talking about 1970's style plugs. Best of luck with the repair. Time will continue to improve the results.

Repair Guy,

Things are looking more natural each go round, you are in good hands.

Questions:

1) How large a punch did he use to extract the plugs and did he suture close? Did he FUE them out or core them out? If by FUE here would be no sutures I guess.

2) How long between sessions? Cost?

3) How many grafts survived the extraction and reimplant?

4) How many grafts total so far out of the 280 plugs will you end up with.

5) When you follow up with a strip HT will he take out some or all of the open donor scars from the previous surgeries?

Thanks and keep us posted!

NoBuzz

I will do my best to answer your questions nobuzz4me .

1. I believe he used hole punches to match the original used when i got them implanted in the first place different sizes for different transplants, not sure exact sizes though. He sutures the holes closed and gives you about nine days of healing time before you come back and remove the sutures.

2. He tells you you must have 2 months between repair sessions.

Cost for me was $75 per plug relocation

3. Most extractions survived and were reimplanted in single or double follicles

4. I would say somewhere around 1000 or a little more

5. Yes he assured me that my scars would be addressed and that I would be very pleased.

Basically, Dr. Bernstein is a great guy and extemely skilled in his craft. I will post my next pic sometime this week after I get the sutures removed from my latest procedure (#3).

Thanks for the response Repair Guy,

It sounds expensive 280 X $75 = $21,000 but I know it will be worth it to get your natural look back. I have about 50 of these which I may just be able to thin out and camoflage around rather than core out and suture. Each repair case is unique which is why you are good to be with Bernstein.

Good Luck,

NoBuzz

Nobuzz4me,

Yeh, i can definitely say its an expensive project to undertake but i know in the long run it will make me happy. I have been wearing a hairpiece for about 10 years now which made me absolutely miserable. Once I clean up my front and get about one or two megasessions, I will be able to breathe again.

Nobuzz,

I had an HT 16 years ago and have an appt. with Dr. Tessler next week. I am hoping that I do not have to undergo removal of plugs first. I definitely have a pluggish look but still also have native hair. I would estimate that my grafts are 1/2 the size of repair guys and the initial hairline is high enough I think.(the lowest point is 8 cm above eybrow) My thought is that donor area is good assuming 1st doc didn't screw up donor area-I don't think though. I will find out more with consult. I do plan on also talking to Shapiro and HW. I"ll let you know.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90