Raising My Hair Line

Hi,

I am told I have good donor hair (7/10) ranking. Its basically black thin hair. Anyway I was thinking if I were to have a hair transplant, in order to conserve donor hairs I would have my hairline raised a bit. My pictures are located here:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...081066683#2081066683

My loss is primarily in the frontal third, and I was thinking maybe I should have the hairline start from about 0.5 cm or less above what it is now? Does that sound like a plan? I am not too bothered about my scalp showing from where my current hair line is to whre the new one will be. I just want to conserve what donor hairs I have left should my hair loss proceed beyond the frontal third.

mm76,

You can always get a hair transplant with a conservative hairline that will look natural in the event of future hair loss. A surgeon can strategically blend it with your current hairline and make it look natural now and in the event you lose hair in the future. Refinement of the hairline however, may be necessary if you lose too much additional hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm not sure I understand the refinement bit? with my frontal third being filled in with about 2500 grafts (with a slightly raised hair line) - even if i were to lose what native hair i have left. Wouldn't the new transplanted hair which is about 2500 grafts be enough, to cover that area - thus not requiring anymore work? Of course i'm excluding the crown - loss there would require additional work.

mm76,

Whether or not you want additional work given the possibility of future hair loss will ultimately depend on you!

If you receive a hair transplant today and keep all or most of your native hair, you will have a good bit of density. If you lose native hair later down the road, you may decide you miss the density and want to further refine your hair transplant to add more density. Does that make sense?

Most people have a goal of a "one and done" hair transplant procedure, but in many cases, people are not satisfied with that, especially in the event of future hair loss. It will ultimately depend on what you are satisfied with and what your surgeon can accomplish for you.

I hope this clarifies things.

Bill

If you receive a hair transplant today and keep all or most of your native hair, you will have a good bit of density. If you lose native hair later down the road, you may decide you miss the density and want to further refine your hair transplant to add more density. Does that make sense?

Bill, I do understand _ I'm just wondering, given the current state my hair is in now, if I have about 2500 grafts done in the frontal third (with a slightly raised hair line) and I end up losing my native hairs - fair enough there will be less density, - but would this leave me at where I was before I had the HT? - Right now my scalp is visible at the frontal third area. So would losing my native hair result in my scalp becoming visible yet again? - or perhaps at a lesser extent?