For those that have already gotten a hair transplant

Anonymous

I know i'm still young.. only 20.. but i was a born with a high hairline.. i've been thinking that when i get a hair transplant in the future.. if it was possible to actually make a new hairline where hair NEVER existed before...

For those that have gotten a frontal hairline transplant done.. i have a few questions.

1. Does it look real?

2. How fast does the transplanted hair grow..does it grow at the same rate as your existing hair?

Thanks in advance

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

I know i'm still young.. only 20.. but i was a born with a high hairline.. i've been thinking that when i get a hair transplant in the future.. if it was possible to actually make a new hairline where hair NEVER existed before...

For those that have gotten a frontal hairline transplant done.. i have a few questions.

1. Does it look real?

2. How fast does the transplanted hair grow..does it grow at the same rate as your existing hair?

Thanks in advance

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

It's going to be tough to find a doctor who will do that kind of work, especially on a 20 year old. This is because it is simply not a good idea.

You have to recognize that you will look pretty stupid at 40 years old with a 17 year old hairline. Also, if and when your native hairline starts to recede, the maintenance and return trips to the surgeon will make you wish you had never thought of this idea.

My advice is to experiment with different hairstyles. See a professional stylist instead of a barber. Good luck.

it looks natural, only if you go to one of a top docs, and if you go high on density. Don't do it, unless you can't live with your high forehead.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

Oh, I almost forgot. Since you are only 20, who knows what medicine/technology will bring in the near future. Hang in there with Propecia/Minox until some of these new procedures are perfected. Maybe then your dream hairline can be a reality. icon_smile.gif

Especially if you were born with high forehead. Meds won't grow hair, where there was never any hair to begin with. I had the same problem with natural deep temporal recessions. As risky as it is HT is the only way to take care of those.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

Thanks, well i wasn't planning on getting an HT done anytime soon, i'm just curiou with those that have already gotten it done, have you seen good results... does the transplanted hair grow at the same rate as your normal hair? Is it noticable to others that you got a ht done?

Actually, i have gotten a hair transplant about 3 months ago and I am 21 years old!! Here's the deal though...I am a Norwood three to four, so I wanted to have the transplant. So if your hair lost is not that severe, than you might not need one yet. I also was born with a pretty high forehead...I was born with a U shaped hairline, so I was more desirable as a young candidate for transplant because I took the conservative route, which most doctors prefer, in other worlds, I did not ask the doctor to give me a new, lowered hairline because, first, I only had a 1,000 grafs session, lower the hairline would require more grafs which is not preferred for an early transplant patient since you might need further transplants in the future. Second, I wanted density so I was willing to settle for a relatively high hairline to achieve the density. So far, I would say the growth has been noticeable, though it is still early for me to see max results. Basically, if you are willing to be realistic and take the conservative approach than HT might be good for you at this point. One important note: I am currently on propecia and plans to stay with it. It is very important to take propecia so that further hair loss would be slowed or stopped. If you are willing and able to stay on propecia, it would be a great complement to HT. Hope this helps.

Anonymous; transplants with good doctors do look natural, but nothing beats real hair. At 20 years old everything bothered me and thank god my hair wasn't one of them. I would never recommend a hair transplant to anyone under 30 unless they have a bald area or really thin. I have the thickest hair until I was around 25 and if someone told me that I was going to lose my hair at 20 I would never believe them. The truth of the matter is that there are doctor out there that will transplant anyone regardless of age without thinking about your best interests. Think about the future and don't worry about a high hairline I bet you that its in your head.

Just my opinion

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

no Lorenzo, i would love to think its in my head, aside from the high hairline, i've been thinning DRASITCALLY for the past 3 months now, i have no idea why, i would like to think its because of something in asia, but i've been noticing it everywhere, light goes straight through my frontal hairline and hits my forehead. I can count the number of hairs coming from my frontal hairline, there's VERY little density there.

You know, i knew it was genetic but i didn't think it would hit me this young, so you see, if i did decide to get an HT, it wouldn't be just to make a new hairline, its to also give me thickness also. It's hard for a person like me to see others my age, even 15-20 years older! and see that they have a great head of hair when i don't.

Anonymous; Are you on proscar? If not get on it right away. Anyone that starts proscar in the early states of hairloss can maintain alot of hair especially when they are young.

Its hard for anyone with hairloss to look at someone full of hair because they don't understand how lucky they are to have alot of hair.

Good luck

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

dammit, i'm taking proscar and minoxidil, and zinc. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE I CAN TAKE. I'm annoyed cause i'm still losing hair and i dont feel anything i've taken has helped me retain or help me grow back hair.

So what else is out there???

Hi Anonymous,

One additional thing that you could try is Spiro Lotion from www.lipoxidil.com.

I've been using it, along with proscar, for about 3 months and I am getting some regrowth aound my island of hair. They are currently very thin but getting longer, definately new hair.

Is it possible that some of your loss is stress related icon_wink.gif