Online Consults

I took some good advice from some regulars on this forum, and have filled out some consultations forms and sent in some photos for some HT Docs to see. It's been around a week or two, and I haven't heard back from anyone. I was just curious as to how long I should be waiting for clinics to respond - I understand that doctors are busy and are performing procedures on a daily basis - should I be following up with a phone call or something? Any advice appreciated.

I took some good advice from some regulars on this forum, and have filled out some consultations forms and sent in some photos for some HT Docs to see. It's been around a week or two, and I haven't heard back from anyone. I was just curious as to how long I should be waiting for clinics to respond - I understand that doctors are busy and are performing procedures on a daily basis - should I be following up with a phone call or something? Any advice appreciated.

Martin,

Where did you do the virtual consults. Did you use our virtual consult pages at www.hairtransplantnetwork.com or www.hairlosslearningcenter.org? If so, which doctors did you do a consult with?

I do think a follow up phone call is a good idea if you haven't heard anything back in longer than a couple days.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Yes I did them through the Hair Transplant Network - sending the forms via the website to Feller, H&W, and some others. I'm beginning to think that there must've been some technical error, because I sent out to a lot of docs, but haven't heard back from anyone. Will resend and follow up with some phone calls. Thanks for the advice.

I respond to online consults that arrive within a day. However I almost never remember to look at the PM section.

2 thoughts on online consults:

1. They are never as good as real life evaluations

2. Make sure you include a picture or 2. I get lots of requests for "how much do I need" and no pic. If I could predict that with any success, without pics; I should have sold my stocks one month ago.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Since there is practically no return on our money with interest rates as terrible as they are, and the stock market problems, it's probably much better to invest in hair than short term savings plans. icon_smile.gif

Martin,

I sent you a private message and you were going to try the virtual consults again. Is everything working for you?

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Best wishes,

Bill

I disagree. It is the time to buy stocks. However, i understand how fear (and greed) can be powerful. That is why lots of people buy high and sell low.

I got some Canadian banks stocks, which are as solid as they can be compared to any bank (or any company for that matter) in the world. At the current price, these stocks are giving 5%-7% dividend yield. And that is before any potential capital gains.

On the other hand, if you think stocks will go further down, you can always short the stocks.

But regardless of numbers, i think HT is priceless in term of return on your money.

On a separate note, I wonder if HT doctors notice any decrease in scheduled surgeries with the current economic crisis.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I couldn't agree with Dr C and Dr. Lindsey. In person exams are much better than online.

The patient gets to know the doctor and his staff and can tell if they are getting a straight scoop or not. The doctor gets to know the patient and can guage his expectations.

Wendy

I am happy there is a thread on this. I have just taken some snaps and will be sending them for some initial looks by the docs in this hair transplant network.

I'm glad the good Dr's Lindsey & Carmen did respond.

As a newer member to the group I would hope to get even a glance over and a response from an HR Physician/Coalition member (especially on here)

I imagine the docs get their fair share of bogus inquiries or many that may not lead to clients...but

For those of us that will be attempting to get some intital consultations starting with the Dr's within these forums or on this network..I want to thank you ahead of time for taking the time out of your day and looking through the consultations you receive.

I myself would never let any online consultations be the start all, end all of my pick or search (a personal visit would be a must for me and some may not have that luxury)...but

for a major lifestyle change and decision for potential clients (speaking for myself of course)it is certainly appreciated to receive any responses..This would be where my initial amiability and trust would start.

just my .02 !!

Tuscani:

I believe that all consultations, even on-line, are taken very seriously by all doctors. It does not take them that much time to look at your pics and give a recommendation. In return, they get a prospect for a very lucrative and high margin surgery. Therefore, don't understate the value of your on-line consultation, and ask as much questions as you want to the doctors.

I finally book an appointment with dr. Cooley next November. I picked him for many reasons but i am certainly impressed when he called me back, at 8 pm, to give me his recommendations. That was a year ago.

To this day, he is the only doc that called me. This is not to criticize any reps because I found most of them are extremely well informed and helpful.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley