Surgery questions

Boris

Hi, new to the forum but had a good read of some posts last night - looks like a pretty friendly forum.

I've had a couple of quotes for surgery. Both surgeons have suggested transplanting 600 single hair follicular unit to recreate the frontal hairline while 1900 two and three hair folicular units would be used for the mid-scalp reason.

Looking at my picture would you agree with this assessment and would this give me a good result?

I've drawn a pretty crude outline of the areas I want filled in - just so people don't think I'm wanting to widows peak filled in.

Thanks for any advice or comments in advance!

PICT0235.jpg.b293c5ca385c5c1a52c9c588d3e17329.jpg

Hi, new to the forum but had a good read of some posts last night - looks like a pretty friendly forum.

I've had a couple of quotes for surgery. Both surgeons have suggested transplanting 600 single hair follicular unit to recreate the frontal hairline while 1900 two and three hair folicular units would be used for the mid-scalp reason.

Looking at my picture would you agree with this assessment and would this give me a good result?

I've drawn a pretty crude outline of the areas I want filled in - just so people don't think I'm wanting to widows peak filled in.

Thanks for any advice or comments in advance!

Interesting pattern. You have a ton of at risk hair too. Did the doctor explain shockloss and future surgeries? Hold your horses for now and educate yourself here. As alot of doctor out there are quacks . Unless they have an opening next week - Just kidding.

Also think about this in reverse.. If you fill in that area, when your existing hair falls out you will have a set of horns and the doctor will say I did what you asked.

Who did you go to for that advice?

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Hey Boris....while it may seem as easy as putting a number of hairs to a problem to come up with a solution is the way to go.....it's probably not. Vety hard to break it down that way. It certainly sounds good. But it comes down to who is going to jam a scalpel into the back of your head, rip a huge patch of hair and take it apart, then punch holes into the top of your head and insert the hairs.

I know it sounds crazy. But think about what you're doing. It ain't a deal like all aspirin are alike. I would Hasson or Keene or Shapiro do it to me blindfolded befor I would let most doctors do it with all their skills.

So my point is that you;re doing a HT. Great. A session for you of about 2500 varied 1-2-3 grafts sounds great. Some docs can almost make that a full head of hair. Others can cover a 20 cm square. And still others can't even make the shit grow.

My thoughts are Hasson will want to do more. Keene maybe about 2500. And it's all good in the right hands. So that's where your thinking should be and in a year you'll be happy as hell and probably planning another session. Choose your hairline wisely. It will be permanent.

Cheers for the replies guys. I'm starting on propecia and rogain shortly. 29 and have been like this for quite a while so I'm keeping a positive outlook on whether I will keep my hair or not!

I've had quotes from Dr Knudsen, New Hair and Dr Martinick. Who else would you suggest I contact in either Melbourne or Sydney?

See if that works (meds topicals)- You are a few years away from surgery bro. Its a strange phenominon ,the longer you wait the better the result. N/W 2.5 + 2,000 end up looking like crap, worse for wear scarred and chasing hairloss. N/W 4-5 + 3,000 grafts looking much better (with a top doc )and chasing bitches.

Bezane - sage words.

Yea I am the funniest guy in the ICU but this is serious stuff. A plane ticket might be the best investment you ever made. Also alot of coallition DRS. compensate for that,I guess they would rather fly you in once vs. a dozen correcting bad work. First and foremost educate yourself (6 months min.)this is a real site not a sales site.

Like I said wait and see what happens. There are also a dozen questions you need to answer before heading off to any happy go lucky surgeon.

The plane flights are expensive but the surgery you are considering is several times more than that.

I don't blame you for not wanting to piss money flying to other continents several times just for early consultations & stuff. But when it comes time for the actual surgery, I really hope you won't let the extra money affect your decision. Each surgery costs as much as a decent used car and everyone's donor hair is too precious to waste.

------------------------------------------------

The only doc to consider is Martinick, but I think you can do much better flying into the states.

In your case, Dr. Rose is located in South Florida and would be a great choice for you and your pattern of loss.

You could also try Dr. Tykocinski in South America who is doing very good work for a very reasonable price.

Please do not limit yourself to just Australia.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.