Dropping poison into this Forum's Well

NG2GB is a prick. He called me a bald Bozo once. His ass should be kicked off of here.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by hairbank:

Bushy.....

Where the heck you been, braddah??? How's that mop holdin' up?? icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry..........just taking a thread-break to say hello to an "old" poster/friend....lol icon_wink.gif

Have to agree with you Bushy, as I also mentioned, in my tenure here Pat has always been fair-minded and all about what's best for the site and hairloss sufferers.

Peace ~

Hiya, HB! Jees, how could I have been away for so long? Good to see you, my friend. I'll be posting new pics in about a month -- my 2-year shots! Knock on wood, things are holding up great. I didn't expect it, but I actually have seen thickening since month 18. Go figure.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Oops I thought I was just thinking that. Ofcourse I am kidding. How do you not like the guy? I certainly did question some off his posts but who didn't? He might not of added tonnes of insight to the forum but he was certainly willing to help others and always provide a much needed laugh.

I personally only believe that people should be removed from this site for continuous bullshit that pollutes the forum and not for a couple of statements of opinion.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Oops I thought I was just thinking that. Ofcourse I am kidding. How do you not like the guy? I certainly did question some off his posts but who didn't? He might not of added tonnes of insight to the forum but he was certainly willing to help others and always provide a much needed laugh.

I personally only believe that people should be removed from this site for continuous bullshit that pollutes the forum and not for a couple of statements of opinion.

LOL I just wasted 5 minutes doing a thorough gd search and was about to discredit you because he used the term in only one thread in which you, too, appeared, and it was not directed at you personally. Lawyers . . .

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

In my opinion he should not have been excluded as he did help others and just because he stated that about two doctors was indeed his opinion after doing his own research.After all isn`t this what Pat and Bill are doing recomending forty plus doctors and he was recomending two.

There was nothing stopping any forum members from stating their opinion to his comments and posting their recomended choice of doctor to contradict NG2GB`s statement.

I also feel the title of this thread is inappropriate as calling it poison is like saying he was a real bad dude.

Who knows what has gone on via pm between him and Pat but i got a lot of pm`s from him which i took with a pinch of salt as i thought they were quite amusing.

Does anyone actually know where all these posts are as i would like to see them but have not got the time to scroll through his 1000 plus posts.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Pat (and others),

It should first be said that NG2 truly has *zero* malicious intent, and above all else he wants -- and he wants others -- to recieve the best HT for their themselves. Is their one, or a small handful, of particular clinics which he finds to be "the best" -- yes, but is this position really that harmful, let alone rare? *Many* posters on this forum, even paid ones, often respond to a "forum newb" with the same, small list of doctors in which they should look into and consider. They may very well cushion their words more than NG2, but the intent and impetus behind their recommendations are all quite the same. I would also bet that NG2 actually *advises and tells* people who to "look into".....equal to if not *less* than many of the said people of the forum. Moreover, I don't believe NG2 to be denigrating the work of Coalition doctors; because he personally would end up selecting but a couple, I don't take that to mean that he thinks every other doctor is dogshit....

Can he be brazen and blunt? Ya, and when he states that there are only two Coalition clinics he would actually go to that is indeed both brazen and blunt. But this is one man's opinion -- an opinion which some concur with and express to varying degrees -- and also which some disagree with, and in turn state theirs.

At the same time, I understand that NG2's disposition and opinion can seem offensive and insulting, especially to Pat. *However*, NG2 has also expressly stated that he feels this is *the* hairloss forum in the entire internet, with regards to quality and standards! Hell, his post-count indicates as much.... icon_eek.gif

I know for a fact that NG2 felt like his opinion was being belittled and pre-maturely judged by Pat, and that this offended him; and I believe Pat when he says that NG2's private responses were (intentionally) smug and insulting. The bottom line to me is that there has been a private quarral based upon mutual misunderstandings about people's intent and charachter; and that while NG2 may very well hold an opinion of clinics that Pat (and others) disagree with, it simply isn't malicious....harmful....or even rare....enough to warrant such a quick, harsh suspension/ban. Again, by the same -- perhaps to some, ridiculous -- standards that NG2 personally holds for which specific physicians he'd go to, he also finds this to be the highest caliber hairloss forum out there.

With regret, I truly find his abscence, and the way it went down, to be a serious detriment to the forum as a whole. As an aside, NG2 is infinitely more even-tempered than can sometimes be gleaned from his posts; and while he can react emotionally when he feels wronged (like many, myself included), the last thing he would want to be would be a "poison" to the forum -- and I know he *never* thought of himself as being anything of that nature.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I agree with most of the comments on here that NGTGB was a colourful character but also a brutally honest one. He called it as he saw it. I often found myself agreeing with him and at other times disagreeing with him, but he also typed it as he saw it.

Perhaps his mannerisms were deemed inappropriate to you Pat, but what always made me like this forum was the openness and the feeling of no "politics". Actions like this, I believe, do nothing but harm the forum in the long run.

NGTGB - hope to see you back on here soon!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Guest wanthairs

well i will certainly miss Ngtgb...He was a great friggin guy and he PM'd me many times in the past and I feel was a great contributor to this forum even though he was totally over the top. I kinow Pat only has the best intentions for the masses with this site, But the guy is going to be missed by me for sure....

Pat,

Although I have already added my 2 cents to this thread, I really hope that you will read the responses and change your mind. To suspend an individual because you had a spat via PM's is not necessarily the right thing to do in my mind. His opinion of only recommending 2 physicians is harmless. How can a person in good faith recommend some of the docs that never post any of their work on this forum?

He is not an individual with an agenda to disrupt the natural flow of this forum. You have kicked off others since I have been a member and I certainly can understand why you did. In this particular case it is somewhat bewildering. He has made the effort to spend countless hours on this forum contributing to your business by posting. Likely he has helped send potential patients to the particular physicians that he did endorse(I am sure they are not happy to see their #1 salesperson fired) It is the members that make up this community. We are all going to have our own style and positions but nonetheless it is what makes this a very unique and interesting forum. There is no harm in reevaluating things and allowing him to continue posting. If you don't, he likely is to fall into despair with a life filled with strippers, alcohol and other forms of debotchery. Give the little bald bozo another chance.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

If a person is going to take the opinion for their surgeon solely from someone who hasn't even had work done, their a lost cause anyway...

Obviously an executive decision has been made but it is not one I am fond of. We don't know the specifics of Pat and NG2GB's pm's, but was it enough to remove the most entertaining posters right to post in a community based forum? And not only entertaining but educating as well. I did not always agree with or was I always amused by his antics but he is a staple on this forum and it WILL NOT be the same without the dude.

I hope the two of you can work it out and he is allowed to come back.

Ngtgb If your not allowed to come back take care my brotha. I know you even had reservations about your top choice in that you didnt want to be one of the unlucky guys that got zero growth. Just know that there is not one poster that wants you gone unless they cowardly pm Pat. Hope to hear from you soon. For awhile I would only come on here for a minute or two but your silly posts kept me coming back. I love this site but now its like when Spade Sadler and Farley left SNL.

Pat,

This decision to censor Ng2gb has delt a major blow to the credibility of this forum.

My first response was: What other things are being sensored that I may need to hear that will help me make a good decision?

It is true that there are 5-6 doctors on this forum that are superior to the rest. To call all of them equal is laughable. If you disagree, then you have obviously not looked at all the pictures that have been posted by members of this forum.

I am bummed and really have to doubt the credibility of this forum now, but I believe that there are still honest people on the forum that have not been banned yet and I hope this forum can survive and continue to be a place where we can share patient results and have discussions with real opinions.

Pat or Bill

Are you going to give any sort of official reply to these concerned posters on the future of ng2 expulsion , or is silence your only anwser , don't ever lose sight of the fact that it's the forum members that are ultimatly your bread and butter .

You silence on this issue only raises more suspicion and is plain insulting , questions have already being asked as to what else is being censored ? , who else will be banned ?, how much freedom of speech do we really have on here ?

And members are calling upon your sites credibility .

Without all the facts or a credibly answer from either of you the whole thing stinks of over moderation and bully boy tackticks .

Your site = your rules , maybe ......

but start to alienate your members and you don't have a site .

respectfully

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

• Administrators

I appreciate the input and concerns expressed on this topic. The vast majority of experienced members on this forum have the maturity and good judgment to tell sensible information from ill informed information.

However, this is not always true for newbies and immature posters like Jupiter who in this topic posted "i swear i haven't seen one negative response about any doctor on this forum that pays.." - Jupiter

Obviously he knows very little about this forum community, past or present - if he thinks this forum doesn't allow criticism of all doctors ??“ recommended or not.

Jupiter then writes "lol if hes [NotGoing2BeBald] not back in 2 days, fuck this forum. ill goto www.hairlosshelp.com" -

I certainly hope that he follows through with his promise. In my opinion, this community does not need ignorant and illiterate fools like him - yet they show up and post.

A quality forum in my opinion is not measured by the number of posts and members but the quality of the posts. Some people seem more enamored with expressing themselves on every topic than helping people.

Other people act as though reality is what is posted on the forums. Therefore if a physician doesn't self promote by posting on the forum they are some how not top notch. I know from visiting dozens of top clinics, many of whom never post, that this is simply not the case.

An excellent example would be Dr. Tessler in Detroit. I have visited his office on two occasions and observed his surgery and his staff's work very closely. In my opinion his clinic and his work is superb. Yet those who rely only on what is posted on the forums would never know this. The forums are only a distorted reflection of reality, not the reality itself.

I think it's time to stop focusing on the loss of the class clown and get back to the work of helping people get good advice.

Everyone has had ample opportunity to express their views on this issue. I'm closing this thread so this forum can get back to what it was created to for - helping hair loss sufferers share accurate and useful information.

If anyone has any other input to add feel free to send me a message.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.