scheduled surgery with Dr.Feller

Hello Guys,

After I did thorough research and went through all the posts in this forum I have decided to

go with Dr.Feller.I'm 26 ,scheduled next week around 2500 gratfs to cover my frontal and mid

scalp area.He clarified all of my concerns about the surgery.

In the discussion which I had with Dr.Feller, I felt his suggested hair line seems to be

little bit higher. When I asked him then he told me that it does not look natural If it

comes down.So I think this is the only thing I need to discuss with him on the day of

surgery.

I really thankful to all of the forum members for their valuable posts and sharing their

experiences(ofcourse to moderator PAT icon_smile.gif) which cleared my way of choosing the doctor.

My frineds(not in US icon_smile.gif also hair fellow sufferers )got astonished to see this wonderful website and helpful people here when I first told them(Thanks to internet!!).Even though, they are far from here they will be updated latest trends in HT and about surgeons.

Please find my before pics and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

Wish me luck..nervous..excited...Thanks again icon_smile.gif

front.JPG.ccb7163485ba46a99be2cc9eb08a1b00.JPG

Hello Guys,

After I did thorough research and went through all the posts in this forum I have decided to

go with Dr.Feller.I'm 26 ,scheduled next week around 2500 gratfs to cover my frontal and mid

scalp area.He clarified all of my concerns about the surgery.

In the discussion which I had with Dr.Feller, I felt his suggested hair line seems to be

little bit higher. When I asked him then he told me that it does not look natural If it

comes down.So I think this is the only thing I need to discuss with him on the day of

surgery.

I really thankful to all of the forum members for their valuable posts and sharing their

experiences(ofcourse to moderator PAT icon_smile.gif) which cleared my way of choosing the doctor.

My frineds(not in US icon_smile.gif also hair fellow sufferers )got astonished to see this wonderful website and helpful people here when I first told them(Thanks to internet!!).Even though, they are far from here they will be updated latest trends in HT and about surgeons.

Please find my before pics and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

Wish me luck..nervous..excited...Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Hi Haironbald,

I had a HT with Dr Feller and I too was concerned about how high the hairline appeared. I asked him to bring the forelock slightly more forward than the more circular hairline he initially drew in (creating a widow's peak). It was still higher than I had planned. BUT now that hair has grown in, it doesn't look that high at all. I think the drawn hairline on a bald head appears much higher than it looks once there is hair there. Looking at my hair now, it would have looked unnatural had the hairline been any lower. So, I'm sure the hairline Dr Feller suggests for you will be correct and you can always make some minor changes to his suggested hairline once the first one is drawn in.

I'll back up what PB says as I had a similar experience but now Im happy I went with the Dr.'s recommendation.Unfortunately h.o.b you're not going to be 26 forever and it will look more appropriate in you 30's & 40's to have a slightly higher hairline. Don't forget,these Drs are experienced and have seen many bald heads and have been trained not only technically but artistically.

Best of luck with it.

I agree with PB, the hairline postion will be advised by Dr Feller appropriately and his experience is something you need to trust as he is a top notch doc.

From all my research DR Feller has come across as being a very amenable man whos only interest is providing you with the result you want within your personal limitions. ie donor supply, further loss etc.

I would trust him on this one! icon_smile.gif

Congratulations on the upcoming appointment with Feller. The pics the Doc just posted are among the best I've ever seen. Amazing.

Does he use Laser Treatments? I mean does he put hour head in a fishbowl filled with tiny massaging beams of light that will promote growth? And then charge you for it? Just wondering. Hehehe.

Really though.....WOW!!!!! If you turn oput half as good as his latest post you'll be stoked.

Based on the experience of fellow Ht patients I summarize my post operational instructions for first week.

Please share your ideas.

--saline solution

sprayed on the grafts a number of times a day

--over sized base ball cap

cover with wet sarane wrap before placing the cap so that recipient area/grafts will not be

stick to the cap

--travel pillow

--doctor prescribed pain killers

Thank you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I came back from NY and get started my work.It was wonderful experience with Feller and his

staff.Thanks to Dr.Feller and his staff for the good work.

After surgery I went to the hotel and spent the night there. Next day I visited some of my

friends places in NJ.Sunday I returned back to my place.On first day I felt pain and used

pain killers. From second day I started applying ice to my forehead (I wish could have done

from first day!).It gave me great relief and reduced the swelling.I did not use saran wrap

eventhough I took it. Little bit swelling occurred on first 3 days but it was reduced

gradually. Make sure to sleep upright so that fluids will not go down which prevent from

swelling.I took two pillows and towel around neck to get the posture.It worked well for

me.First day night was horrible I could not able to sleep at all due to the donor area

pain(still its paining ,so I'm doing side sleeping).

When I called to Feller office about this the receptionist told me it was natural and told

that she would not recommend anything other than keeping clean of both donor and recipient

are clean.And also she suggested to take more proteins in the diet.It seems to be there is

great difference after the removal of staples.So do you guys suggest anything to heal donor

area fastly? Aloe vera!!after how many days I can apply both donor and recipient area? Is it

quite common to have pain when I touch it?(its 6th day!).

Please find my 5th day post-op pictures with my digicam.Sorry it might not that much

clear.Actually I requested my post-op pictures but so for I did not get it from the clinic.

please share your ideas on my pics. Thank you all for your support.

front_m.jpg.0b9c6ce765417bf3879066be7d9307ea.jpg

Congrats Buddy. It looks great. Now you are sentenced imprisonment for one year in a prison called "Waiting Phase". icon_smile.gif

The colour of your hair and skin tells me that you are an Indian. I look forward to see your progress. Please try to keep posting your pictures on a monthly basis.

-Jagdish

Ravi Vide

Looks like good placement. How many grafts did you get?

Looks a lot like PB's HT from Dr Feller.

You will probably be able to predict what's going to happen by following PB's posts from when he had his done,about 6 months ago I think.

It was 2500 grafts.Yesterday my staples were removed...it was fine ..not much pain..no infection.Now I think I can able to sleep well icon_smile.gif.

Yes.. You are right..mine looks similar to PB's.Needs to follow foot steps of PB to get good growth icon_wink.gif

My regimen is easy to follow, no minoxidil, no finasteride, no special shampoos. The only thing I took was MSM to help speed up the growth (and I've stopped taking MSM now). And yes, I also noticed that the shape of your recipient area is very similar to mine icon_smile.gif

And congratulations on your HT, you are very wise not to have had your HT in India and in choosing one of the best HT doctors in the world icon_biggrin.gif

You appear to have ideal hair characteristics, so I'm sure you can look forward to excellent results.

PB