Need Advice! Is forhair reputable?

Max Lee

Dear admins and members..

First to introduce myself, I am a 23 year old undergraduate from Singapore. Have been suffering from Hair loss since about 18, but it has been very gradual and diffuse, therefore after 5 years it is still not very serious.

I will be attached to US for an 1 year internship next year and would wish to get a hair transplant procedure done while I am there. However I am at a loss of how should I even go about selecting my doctor.

I recently got to know about forhair by Dr. Cole while surfing, but I realized he is not a coalition member. Have you guys heard about him or rather is he reputable?

I was quoted by their customer support that the CIT procedure for 500 grafts would roughly cost about 3800USD. Is that a reasonable price?

Thank you for your attention reading this and would really appreciate any advice or help..

Max

Dear admins and members..

First to introduce myself, I am a 23 year old undergraduate from Singapore. Have been suffering from Hair loss since about 18, but it has been very gradual and diffuse, therefore after 5 years it is still not very serious.

I will be attached to US for an 1 year internship next year and would wish to get a hair transplant procedure done while I am there. However I am at a loss of how should I even go about selecting my doctor.

I recently got to know about forhair by Dr. Cole while surfing, but I realized he is not a coalition member. Have you guys heard about him or rather is he reputable?

I was quoted by their customer support that the CIT procedure for 500 grafts would roughly cost about 3800USD. Is that a reasonable price?

Thank you for your attention reading this and would really appreciate any advice or help..

Max

Cole has some mixed reviews. At 23 with slow hairloss I'd say you should get on finasteride and minoxidal for at least 1 year to stabilize your loss. i think most reputable ht surgeons would recommend you do the same.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi thanx for your reply

I did ever consider that before however I feel that my hair loss has been affecting my confidence so much in my daily life that I believe this hair transplant would be worth while.

Appreciate anyone who is willing to give me advice, be it on doctor or procedure..

Guest wanthairs

max lee

500 grafts will make barely any difference at all especially if you experience some permenent "shock loss"

Most likely you will be better off taking propecia and minoxidil for one year and then re-evaluating the situation.

Like the others have rightly said, Try propecia first for a year because you will likely continue loosing hair and need more work as you are young. 500 is not worth doing really and wont make much difference.

HT 2006/7

3800 USD for 500 grafts sounds pretty steep. I can think of quite a few coalition docs with excellent track records, who will do 1000 grafts for almost the same amount (around $4000 or so).

Also, 500 grafts won't make any cosmetic difference. Do at least 1000 grafts.

Thank you all for your advice! Deeply appreciate

Actually I have been on Propecia for at least 2 years but the results seem mixed for me. At times, it seems like my hair loss is under control but at times the shedding seems to accelerate. It could be that Propecia is not working for me, and what I am experiencing is just my normal hair growth cycle. However, given life is pretty much a probability game, I have decided to continue propecia since it works for 80+% of the people.

Is it ok if i post pictures to let you guys judge and decide upon my condition?

hi rayray, I supposed the Dr Cole which did an amazing job on your coworker is not Cole bisanga right?

Originally posted by RayRay:

Dr Cole did some amazing work on a coworker of mine.

There are some great docs in the coalition like Hasson and Wong Konior Shapiro but only Shapiro does fue .

Ive researched some other fantastic surgeons not affiliated with this site for whatever reasons.

Im too researching fue and have narrowed it down to Cole Bisanga, Shapiro possibly Feller

Yes I definitely will.

Also a simple question from me, why is it that result of HT on the crown often produces less desirable results as compared to the front? Such as "shock loss" and stuff

Has it got to do with the scalp area near the crown?

The disadvantage is that a larger punch will have the possibility to damaging more scalp tissue I supposed. But it seems like in one of Cole research paper that there are no significant difference in using .75mm and 1mm

Regarding the reputation of Cole, it seems like it has got something to do with his ethics. Not exactly sure what as this is a taboo topic.

Anyway do you know the difference between CIT and FUE?

Hi I understand, however there is an understanding that not everyone is suitable for FUE as mention by Dr Feller. Depending on the condition of the scalp. I also believe the difference in price between FUE and normal strip varies quite substantiably as well.