New member with a question

Jinny

Although I'm a new member to the forum, I've been reading the comments for months - I'm now on day 7 of my HT, a lady with her mothers hair line (thanks mom) had my surgery in Stratford with Dr Rogers, I don't see many comments here regarding him, but so far so good -I would like to ask a question though, I need desperatly to go back to work, I work in an office so a hat is out of the question - could anyone tell me how long the redness goes from the scalp? having my stitches out on Wednesday so hopefully I'll be shampooing properly (without the aid of the jug !!) I also need to know when I can start using my hairdryer, there's no way I could go to work looking the way I do at the moment, frontal area very scabby and red, not easy to hide without major mousse !!

thanks for listening, should have joined long ago and got a few experienced answers before jumping in but I just couldn't wait any longer

xx

Although I'm a new member to the forum, I've been reading the comments for months - I'm now on day 7 of my HT, a lady with her mothers hair line (thanks mom) had my surgery in Stratford with Dr Rogers, I don't see many comments here regarding him, but so far so good -I would like to ask a question though, I need desperatly to go back to work, I work in an office so a hat is out of the question - could anyone tell me how long the redness goes from the scalp? having my stitches out on Wednesday so hopefully I'll be shampooing properly (without the aid of the jug !!) I also need to know when I can start using my hairdryer, there's no way I could go to work looking the way I do at the moment, frontal area very scabby and red, not easy to hide without major mousse !!

thanks for listening, should have joined long ago and got a few experienced answers before jumping in but I just couldn't wait any longer

xx

Redness and scabes should take a couple weeks to go away ( 3 at the most). You can use dermatch to hide both at about 13 days post op..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Jinny

Glad to see you had a positive experience with Dr Rogers.Will you be posting any pictures and details on your surgery ie strip or fue,how many grafts etc.

Here is a link to some before and after tips which should be helpful.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=145591

Heal and grow well Brummie Girl.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Jinny, unfortunately there is no way we can predict when your redness will go away. Mine lasted 5 months from HT #1, although it was just pink by that time. the severe redness took a few months to go away. your plan to use your existing hair to cover up is your best bet.

there are products you can try which might help speed up the healing: emu oil, distilled witch hazel, vitamin e oil. best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Wow, thanks for this. suddenly realise your not alone don't you !! -

Hairthere - thanks for the product list, I will defo try some of them and let you know.

Chucky, sorry I don't have the luxury of a digital camera so no photo's I'm afraid, which is a shame as I won't be able to see what it used to be like (although I'll never forget) the link you left me was brilliant, lots of questions answered for me on there regarding the redness etc.,

Details of surgery though, I had strip procedure and they could only get 1000 from it as my hair is already very fine - surgery was not as bad as I thought it was going to be (terrified actually) just felt like a plank of wood had been hammered to the back of my head. Had my stitches out today, bit sore but nothing unbearable - have trouble sleeping though, can't seem to find a comfy spot even with a neck cushion like you suggested.

Just to say though Dr Rogers and his team made me feel welcome and they were quite chatty, seems that they don't get many women having the procedure, Dr Rogers said about 1 per month - I don't see many women on here either so I appreciate you guys takin the time to answer my questions - don't suppose any of you use a hairdryer??? still not sure how long I can leave it before I'll have it in my hand !!

thanks you lot - luv Brummie girl !!

Hi Jinny

There are quite a few women posters on here but they dont post that often.

Everyone on here whatever sex know what you`re going through and will support you.

I`m pleased you`ve had a positive experience with Dr Rogers and you wont have a Face as long as Livery Street anymore.

Keep us updated on your progress and you just have the long waiting game now which is probably the worst part.

Grow well Brummie Girl from a Sunderlad supporter.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Thanks Chucky, much appreciated -

Sunderland supporter ay?? - my son-in-law is a Jordie I think that's up the toons !! (not that that means anything to me!)

I won't tell him though tee hee xx icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Jinny,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

I too am glad that you had a positive experience with Dr. Rogers. It appears, from what I have seen, that he may be doing quality work now that his medical technicians have been trimming follicular unit grafts under microscopes. Perhaps you can get a friend to take pictures of your hair for you and share them with us so we can follow your progress. You can always create a hair loss weblog to share your detailed experience and pictures.

Our members have given you some excellent advice. Redness could go away quite quickly but may last up to several months. Concealors such as dermatch or toppik may help conceal this also when you have to go back to work. Be sure to wait at least 10 days however, before applying these to ensure your grafts are tightly secured in your scalp.

Best wishes,

Bill