Post Op Travel

Would it be better to travel by car or plane after a HT? Don't factor the cost of driving vs. flying.

Driving yourself would be more private, but may not be as relaxing as flying. But if you fly you would probably want/need to wear a hat or something to hide the "work". But this would require wearing a hat for several hours. Would wearing a hat for a long period of time be bad for the grafts?

It would depend on the length of the journey but if I had a choice I would drive it. Airports suck with all the waiting and it can be pretty draining and a waste of a lot of time where you could be home instead. Then there's the trip from the airport to home you have to do too. If your session is an all day thing I would probably sleep over though and travel the next day.

Get a bandana instead of a hat. They are more flimsy and you can put it on very loosely. If your in your car then who cares, just leave it off.

Rambler

Kriss

I agree.

If it's a long day...stay over.

Most docs from what I understand (mine did)want to see you the next day.

They check you over and give you a relaxing shampoo.

If you have a 7 hour surgery day...trust me you'll want to go to a local hotel and relax.

Unless you have a real long drive..i would drive.

I would rather fly though if i had a 10 hour drive in front of me.

It also depends on the locations of the airports.

If both airports(home and away) are REAL close it changes things.

MH