Proof that masturbation can cause or aggravate hair loss

Matt Skiba

For the love of God will people like you stop posting this bull crap! Masturbation or sex has no effect on hairloss, if you believe otherwise then how about you show some empirical evidence that backs up your claims.

This science behind this discovery has to do with a hormone called dihydrotestosterone. It is a byproduct of the sex hormone testosterone. Previous studies have proven that dihydrotestosterone is the primary factor for why some men go bald. It causes hair follicles to shrink. With no room to move around, the hair falls out. The hair’s life span is also significantly shortened and the result is a steadily receding hairline.

This science behind this discovery has to do with a hormone called dihydrotestosterone. It is a byproduct of the sex hormone testosterone. Previous studies have proven that dihydrotestosterone is the primary factor for why some men go bald. It causes hair follicles to shrink. With no room to move around, the hair falls out. The hair’s life span is also significantly shortened and the result is a steadily receding hairline.

Wow, Thanks for the information! I had no idea... (read: sarcasm)

There is no empirical evidence that there is any link between ejaculation and hairloss, just some dudes on the internet making wild correlations and assumptions. That is the meaning of junk bro-science.

Absolutely no correlation.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...