Any heard of QHR or "Omni Graft"??

Has anyone heard of QHR or the term "Omni Graft"?

This is from a French company called Medicamat and it is FDA approved.

Supposedly, this "machine" has numerous benefits.

1. Dissecting is now done by this machine, human hands is no longer involved, which avoids damaging the graft and shortens the time the grafted hair is exposed and shortens the surgery time too.

2. It will allow close to 100% growth rate since grafts are not touched by human hand.

3. Slits is not done by the surgeon's hand, it is now done by a "hand piece" which has the benefit of the correct angle of the graft insertion.

A picture of the machine is here

01-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the site is in chinese...

Appreciate if anyone can comment on this.

cso

[promotional link removed and photos from site injected into post by forum moderator - Robert]

Has anyone heard of QHR or the term "Omni Graft"?

This is from a French company called Medicamat and it is FDA approved.

Supposedly, this "machine" has numerous benefits.

1. Dissecting is now done by this machine, human hands is no longer involved, which avoids damaging the graft and shortens the time the grafted hair is exposed and shortens the surgery time too.

2. It will allow close to 100% growth rate since grafts are not touched by human hand.

3. Slits is not done by the surgeon's hand, it is now done by a "hand piece" which has the benefit of the correct angle of the graft insertion.

A picture of the machine is here

01-01.jpg

Unfortunately, the site is in chinese...

Appreciate if anyone can comment on this.

cso

[promotional link removed and photos from site injected into post by forum moderator - Robert]

. . . "Medicamat" . . . Ah! - I've got it now . . . It's an anagram for 'Maimed cat' (which is what I assume you'll be if you are captured by one)

Looks and sounds utterly hideous . . . "nothing touched by human hand" it says - I presume there's a low paid, bored technician sat at the other end of this prosthetic, robotic 'hand piece' then? . . . ensuring that every graft is put in at the 'correct' (same?) angle - OK I suppose if you want to look like you've been sat under a Van der Graaf Generator . . . or perhaps you were created by a machine in the first place . . . one that puts hair in dolls heads! (or have we already done that one a few years back?)

I would much prefer the hands of a skilled technician utilizing a microscope dissecting and handling my precious donor grafts than to leave them to a machine. There are so many things that can possibly go wrong that I would have to elect to say, "No, thanks."

How many top-notch physicians are utilizing a machine over the skill, dexterity, and good judgement of a trained technician? None.

Interesting find, though.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by SorleyBoy:

. . . "Medicamat" . . . Ah! - I've got it now . . . It's an anagram for 'Maimed cat' (which is what I assume you'll be if you are captured by one)

Looks and sounds utterly hideous . . . "nothing touched by human hand" it says - I presume there's a low paid, bored technician sat at the other end of this prosthetic, robotic 'hand piece' then? . . . ensuring that every graft is put in at the 'correct' (same?) angle - OK I suppose if you want to look like you've been sat under a Van der Graaf Generator . . . or perhaps you were created by a machine in the first place . . . one that puts hair in dolls heads! (or have we already done that one a few years back?)

that's just down right funny... icon_smile.gif

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Well it might work on the Chinese seeing as they all have the same straight black hair and look the same icon_razz.gif They only have to calibrate it on one Chinese guy and then the machine is set up to do the other billion Chinese bald guys.

The machine does look more like a machine used in death-row prisons to execute prisoners with.

PB