Dr. Beehner

EastCoast

Hello All,

I am about 5 months out of a scar reduction and graft removal. I had 8 HT's so far. 5 were fue sessions ranging from 348 grafts to 1000 grafts.

I choose Dr. Beehner this time. I remember emailing him before any HT's but initially decided on a butcher that was close to my location. I was 31 at the time and did not want to hear I may be too young and not balding enough. I wish I did listen to wisdom in the beginning. I may be a 6 one day and should have went a little more conservative.

Dr. Beehner was a real gentleman. He did overcharge nor ask for monies up front. He did not use manipulate tactics . I was the only patient that day. His decades of experience makes him a top Doc to me. He was a real family man. His son went to college in my town so we had a lot to talk about.

My first Doctor (not Beehner) took almost 1/2 inch of donor in 2 different spots within 5 months. The needles from him really stung but nothing to cry about. I had 2 eyes that were swollen shut for about 2 days. One scar opened creating broken up scars as wide as 5/8 inch. It was an open would but this Doctor did not want to cut or re-stitch as may have stretched even more.

I am not sure what Dr. Beehner's method of anesthesia is called but it was absolutely the most painless of all procedures??. Beehner gave me some type of injection and before you knew it I was practically asleep in the chair. I did not feel or hear any donor incisions. Time flew by and before you knew it I had a 2 scar reductions and 600 +- graft surgery. I had no pain or drowsiness and drove fine the next day. The office was immaculate and the surgery room was very professional. Dr. Beenher did all of the incisions and most of the planting of the temple area. I am going back in less than 2 months for about 15 grafts to be fue, dissected and replanted. I will need about 400 fine grafts to create a hairline. I am glad he is on this forum.

Glad to hear about your experience . Could you give some info on the graft removal . Were the removed grafts sutured or small enough to fue out ?

Did you get sutures or staples on the scar ?

I saw some of Dr.Beehner's repair work via excision and it looke great . Keep us posted .

EastCoast,

Wow - I remember you! It's good to see you back on the forums.

In fact, if I am correct, you responded to one of my first posts ever on the forum over 3 years ago. A lot has changed since then

I am sorry to hear that you've been through the mill - but I'm glad to see that you've selected a quality hair restoration surgeon for hair transplant repair. I am glad to hear that your experience went well. I believe you were in good hands.

Do you have any pictures that you can share with us?

Heal and grow well!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I had some coupled fues that were pretty much at the hairline. I had about 800 of them. They look really good when you have exsting hair. I started to thin at the upper temple and they started to stand stright up (compressed). I am going back in about a month to get 15 out and some hairline work.

Dr. Beehner fue them out. We did replant them in some other areas. I asked if he could replant them in the same hole at a different angle but it is not possible. I want to try him for some fue in the the hairline when I get the rest of the coupled fues out. He did do most of the work and let the techs do some of the basic planting. He did the temples himself.

I will post some pics of what is left to take out.

I have about 5700 grafts and will have about 6,200 when I leave him. I have no bald spots. I was just thinning so it looks pretty thick.