Be an educated prospective patient

Yesterday I had superbly prepared patient walk into our office. Let me tell you briefly about his preparation.

About a month ago I got a call from a lady who wanted to ask about hair transplants and how we do them. I spoke with her for about 10 minutes and it was clear she knew a fair amount about hair surgery. She asked very pointed questions dealing with: do we do follicular unit work? YES; do we use microscopes for ALL disection? YES; do we DENSE PACK? YES; and a few others. As I spoke with her I was convinced she worked for a nearby competitor, but I was polite and offered her to come in and visit us so that she could see for herself. Actually I thought if she worked for a competitor, maybe she would want to work for us if she saw our philosophy first hand. Anyhow, she declined.

Well yesterday, this 40 year old man came in, and he said he was referred by his mother, a local pharmaceutical rep. He said she had called and spoken to me a few weeks earlier, and then it all "clicked"--she was the phone call I mentioned above. She had asked several dermatologists for recommendations and apparently our office was mentioned frequently enough that she sent her son to us. He said that she had researched us online, and on this and 2 other hair loss websites.

We had a great consultation and I think it was great rather than just good, primarily because he, and his mother, had done their homework before coming to the office. He knew what he wanted and simply added to his knowledge base via the consultation. Its like when you go to shop for a car, you already know you want a sedan or suv, you don't just ask the salesman to sell you something, or he will put you in the biggest most expensive thing on the lot; even if you only need a coupe!

So be an educated patient, do research on sites like this, talk to patients about their experiences and speak to the DOCTOR. An honest doctor will not sell you the biggest procedure in the practice, but offer you what works for you; knowing that if he makes you happy with a small or medium (or large) case, you will likely tell someone else to come in and be treated fairly.

That's how we practice here in Virginia.

By the way, I suggested that the man yesterday give his mom a big hug when he saw her; as she truely loves her son.

Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Guest Happy in Maryland"??

Thank you Dr. Lindsey for being open and willing to share your work results and answer the questions we have. Your coperateration makes it possible for us to do the research and find the best.

Happy

Research is the key but unfortunately the marketing hype from various poor clinics catch the unwary out.

Great short story Dr Linsey.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Bill,

I haven't received anything on my email from you. If there is a way to get private messages on this site, I haven't figured it out yet.

Email me at drwlindsey@gmail.com and I will get back to you.

Thanks

WHL

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr. Lindsey,

Thanks for your response. I sent you another email at the email address you posted. I had a different email address for you.

Private messages should be going to your email address also however, if you have not received my email at the email you have registered on the forum, you are probably not receiving these emails either. Be sure to go under "Go", "Personal Zone" and "Profile" and then "View/Edit Profile" to make sure all of your information, including your email address is up to date (or the one you want to use). You can check private messages by clicking on "New PM" above.

I hope this helps.

Bill