Question about Dr. Wong &Hassen?

Hi all,

I am a new member and so glad to find this website. I wish I found this website earlier.

After reviewing comments and seeing Dr. Wong

face to face, I am leaning towards to have my

first HT with Dr. Wong.

I am 25 years old and I have been losing front and side of my head. According to Dr. Wong,

he will transplant 3,000 graft and I should look

like real 25 years old. YAY!!!

My question is how long does it take to look normal so that ppl wont notice my HT.

My guess is about 4wks, but I heard that

Dr. Wong shaves the entire head before the surgery. I am a performer and I have concert due in mid Mov.

If I get my HT in beginning of Oct, will it give me enough time to look natural??

Guys please help!!

Thanks

Originally posted by UGLY MAN 4 LIFE:

You'll look fine in two months, but I doubt the shockloss will have grown back if you have existing hair.

IMO two months is not enough. To be sure, you need three. With 3000 grafts, is seems like he is covering a lot of area, and with Dr Wong shaving, you might not grow it fast enough. Also, the native hair will most likely fall because of the dense packing and it will take 2-3 months (or longer to really grow,) so while no one will know, for a while you will look worse than before the HT.

Originally posted by John_in_NC:
Originally posted by UGLY MAN 4 LIFE:

You'll look fine in two months, but I doubt the shockloss will have grown back if you have existing hair.

IMO two months is not enough. To be sure, you need three. With 3000 grafts, is seems like he is covering a lot of area, and with Dr Wong shaving, you might not grow it fast enough. Also, the native hair will most likely fall because of the dense packing and it will take 2-3 months (or longer to really grow,) so while no one will know, for a while you will look worse than before the HT.

Oh he'll be bald, I'm just saying his recipient will have healed. No scabbing, etc. The scar will still be red, he might look pinkish in the HT area but doubt it would be anything major.

My best advice is wait until after your show in mid november. I was going to get my HT with Dr. Hasson beginning of Sept, but realized I had weddings to attend in October. I figured, why not just wait a little longer, so I scheduled my appt for Oct 19th, 2 weeks after the weddings. Might as well just wait...then you don't have to worry about it icon_wink.gif

Bill