Thinning of temporal areas

Hi,

I'm 25 years old and during the last few months I start to realize the thinning of my temporal areas (left and right). It's not "M" shape yet, but probably soon... I can still merely cover those area with my nearby hairs...

I want to use rogain or other products, but I'm afraid that it will worsen my situation once I don't use it...

What should I do?

Hi Dave and welcome,

It is my understanding that rogaine or the much cheaper minoxidil, doesn't effectively combat hairloss anywhere except the crown area. I don't think using it on the hairline would yield any effective results even if you did use it. Pretty much same goes for propecia aka finasteride.

Both drugs help fight to stabilize or regrow hair in the back of your head. I would still suggest getting on propecia as soon as you can though.

Rogaine is not for everyone anyhow. I didn't want to apply it 2x a day so i decided to just stick to propecia. But like i said, that doesn't help with the hairline or temporal recessions =\

Perhaps try and post some pictures so we can see what you are talking about.

Anything worth doing is never easy

Dave111,

Welcome to our discussion forum.

Propecia and Rogaine can only state they are FDA approved hair loss treatment options for the crown because they were only clinically tested in those areas. But many satisfied patients and physicians alike will attest that they can have some marginal benefit in the frontal core including the hairline and temple area.

Keep in mind that treating baldness nonsurgically works best on thinning hair rather than completely bald areas.

Be sure to speak with your physician about Propecia since a prescription is required. But in my opinion, as long as you know the benefits, limitations, and risks going in, I see no reason why you can't at least try these medications to treat baldness in the front.

But since no baldness cure exists, stopping Propecia and/or Rogaine will result in a loss of benefit and hair loss will continue as genetically programmed.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your replies guys icon_smile.gif

Sounds like Propecia is good. My current situation is like, that temporal area is not completely bald yet, but having very thin hairs.

Any differences between Rogain or Propecia? (I can only found Rogain (and a "no-name LIFE brand" in drugstore) Should I use those?

Ok, the most important question now is, what are the risks of using those products? I'm afraid that it will get worse if I use it. or if I use it then stop it, I'll lost hair faster, is that true? or it may worsen other areas?..or is there any other risks? My family told me that I'm too young to use those products...(I'm 25)

I have a friend who went to Bosley. His hair was thinning also and in 4 months he had great results! His hair is back to normal now. He was very frustrated and checked out all of his options and Bosley had proven results for him.

Check out the link below. You can request a free dvd to learn more about them.

Good luck and I wish you the best!

Originally posted by medesiree:

I have a friend who went to Bosley. His hair was thinning also and in 4 months he had great results! His hair is back to normal now. He was very frustrated and checked out all of his options and Bosley had proven results for him.

Check out the link below. You can request a free dvd to learn more about them.

Good luck and I wish you the best!

SPAM!!!! Nice try - nobody actually goes to Bosley and their results are great ... and nobody has great results in only 4 months. Try again newby spammer.

PS - a smart spammer would also 'hide' the fact that the link is going to 'primaryads' and rewarding you 'medesiree1968@yahoo.com' for the link.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

medesiree,

Your a douchebag, Get that shit out of here. You have no idea how many lives Bosley has ruined. Your a loser,scumbag, and a moron all rolled into a bag of shit.

Bill,

Can you get rid of this person?

Dakota - I've already hit the 'report this post' button. So hopefully it will get deleted soon enough. But the good news is that nobody is stupid enough to even click on the link out of curiosity.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

M&M and dakota,

Thanks for the heads up on the promotional link. It has been removed.

medesiree,

All hair transplant patients no matter who the surgeon or clinic are welcome here. If your friend has a legitimate experience, I encourage him to share it here. However, promotional links are not allowed here. Please see our terms of service for more information.

Bill