Dr Zorba

After many years of "thinking about it", I have finally done phase one (1200 grafts). Here is a pic from day 2.

I will update as often as I can.

Please note that my goal was/is very modest, due to the extensive baldness, and the limited donor area. The doc says I still have enough for another 1200-2000 grafts. Will see.

2241080942_234CDA087E902CEFD373A26903C6CDF1.jpg.thumb

After many years of "thinking about it", I have finally done phase one (1200 grafts). Here is a pic from day 2.

I will update as often as I can.

Please note that my goal was/is very modest, due to the extensive baldness, and the limited donor area. The doc says I still have enough for another 1200-2000 grafts. Will see.

2241080942_234CDA087E902CEFD373A26903C6CDF1.jpg.thumb

I am wondering why the bother? The units are so far apart...I don't think it's going to look very natural or any "better" than if you had just trimmed down to a #1 everywhere else.

Good luck to you, though, hopefully things turn out nicely.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Zorba,

Im sorry to say this but I would have to agree. Your hair seems very far apart that I dont think that a thinning area will not look better than a clean shaved look. Who was your doctor? and did you see other results of what 1200 grafts can do over a similar coverage before you had a HT?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Originally posted by JakeVig:

Zorba,

Im sorry to say this but I would have to agree. Your hair seems very far apart that I dont think that a thinning area will not look better than a clean shaved look. Who was your doctor? and did you see other results of what 1200 grafts can do over a similar coverage before you had a HT?

Actually, I have, and I was very pleased with the results. The person who did it was a colleague of mine, and it covered the crown area reasonably well. Remember, my goal is very (very) modest, and I am 52. Bedsides, I am going back for another 1200-2000 grafts. What is not clear in the pic is that the frontal density is higher than the back by a factor of 2 (See pic).

Thanks for the feedback

HT_Front_June27.jpg.dfb38779615c72284a1b8305e86c22bb.jpg

If you have never had a ht before you should have more donor than 2500-4000. I think you should check hasson and wong out for you next procedure. Even if you have modest goals I think you could do much better. I would have encouraged you to try to go for 3000+ and focused on the the frontal hair line and fade into the crown, then go back for one more big bang and I think you could have cover a lot. it would still have a thinned look, but would have been drastic in appearance. Check out joetronics pics. I think 1200 is way to small a procedure to even have a HT. just my thoughts good luck

Not to alarm you, but I have to agree with the other posters--from the photos you attached, the work looks totally substandard. The graft placement along the hairline looks like a series of parallel lines, and the coverage on top is far too sparse. For someone as bald as you, Hasson and Wong is probably the way to go. You say your goals are modest, but it doesn't sound like you know what's possible. This site is a good place to start learning.... Good luck.