day 1 post op 3000 grafts with Dr. Epstein

dakota,

I assure you I needed it. No I wasn't bald, but as you see I was receded enough to seriously detract from my looks.

Anyway I'm thrilled you guys like it! I'm hopeing that using a laser and some supplements and TLC will let me avoid the dreaded shock loss....time will tell I guess.

Originally posted by Asterisk:

dakota,

I assure you I needed it. No I wasn't bald, but as you see I was receded enough to seriously detract from my looks.

Anyway I'm thrilled you guys like it! I'm hopeing that using a laser and some supplements and TLC will let me avoid the dreaded shock loss....time will tell I guess.

Looks great. That's densely packed, from what I can tell. I sure would like to see a picture of your head like the ones "Jotronic" has been posting. Really close ups!

I'm 9 or 10 weeks out, and I had no shock loss, and mine was spread out all over my diffused thinning head. So, I predict you won't experience any especially in top recipient regions, but maybe not in donor area either.

What's up with the laser? Did you buy one? A lot of disagreement on here about whether it will help, but maybe it will for you.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thanks Dewayne!

So you had ZERO shock loss? That's incredible! Why do you think that I will be in the same boat (no loss)....don't get me wrong I really hope you're right!

Originally posted by Asterisk:

Thanks Dewayne!

So you had ZERO shock loss? That's incredible! Why do you think that I will be in the same boat (no loss)....don't get me wrong I really hope you're right!

I don't know. I figured since I didn't have any of the typical symptom / effects; such as swelling, shock-loss, etc., it was because of the physician care I received.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Asterisk,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Epstein. 3000 grafts densely packed in such a small area will give you a significant improvement. In several months, you are going to have to change your name from *Asterisk* to !Exclamation Point! icon_smile.gif.

I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress and create a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill